Aortic root 5.0cm Ascending Aorta 4.75 cm PKD

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rn2thsn

Aloha All,

Curious if anyone has experience with Aortic root 5.0 cm and Ascending Aorta 4.75cm. What procedures where done and how your recovery is going. 47 yr male with polycystic kidneys/liver and some tooth abscess from a fractured tooth. I know that tooth has to be pulled or can affect the open chest surgery.

Mahalos for your time

Aloha All,

Curious if anyone has experience with Aortic root 5.0 cm and Ascending Aorta 4.75cm. What procedures where done and how your recovery is going. 47 yr male with polycystic kidneys/liver and some tooth abscess from a fractured tooth. I know that tooth has to be pulled or can affect the open chest surgery.

Mahalos for your time
Don't know much about your heart problems, but please do get your tooth fixed soon. You can aspirate bacteria from oral infections into your lungs. If left untreated it can become resistant to medication. A friend needed part of his lung removed to get rid of an oral-generated lung infection.

You will need surgery to deal with the aneurysms. You may or may not also have a bicuspid valve. Ask your doctor if you are not sure.

The surgery will include putting a synthetic graft over top of the diseased section of the aorta. You will probably be in the hospital for 5-7 days. It takes about 2 months to fully recover. You may also need aortic valve replacement or repair. It will all be done as part of the same surgery. If you don't already have a cardiologist, you should get one.

Aloha All,

Mahalos for your time
My root and ascending aortic aneurysm was estimated to be 4.8 cm when they found it back in 2014. I had surgery in February 2015 and it turns out it was actually 4.99 cm. They replaced the root, ascending and hemi arch. You didn't mention your valve but I have a BAV. They vary a lot so my plan was if it needed replacement to have a mechanical valve put in with a graft for the aorta seeing it the time I had my surgery I was just about to turn 46. They ended up keeping my valve because I had no stenosis or regurgitation. Everything worked out well. Best wishes

Latest posts

Back