Anyone used an ultrasonic teeth cleaner?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LondonAndy

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Knowing how important mouth hygiene is to help avoid endocarditis (as well as keeping my teeth!), I go to a dentist every 3 months or so for a cleaning, though of course that is not currently possible because dentists are closed due to the Coronavirus situation. I came across ultrasonic cleaners like this one, marketed as good for cleaning plaque and tartar. They are not expensive, but I wondered if anyone has any experience of these and if they are worth it. Personally I can't get on with floss and instead use inter-dental brushes, but am interested in this sort of thing.

My opinion is that they do nothing, an ultrasonic should have a strong ultrasound generator to produce the appropriate vibration and this
I don't think it has the power to remove stone, plaque e.a also you can also injure the gums and germs insert . Is very important and you should think about is that the dentist has a furnace and sterilizes the scrapers, you cannot do this at home so you are more at risk for endocarditis and infections.Even an infected toothbrush is a problem, so they recommend that you apply it every week in oxygen for 6 hours.
The best thing for you would be to listen to your dentist and I think every 6 months is like having an appointment with him.
As you know I work with dentist so if someone have a question can ask me .

Tips for Keeping Your Toothbrush Clean
If you know how important it is to practice good hygiene, you most likely brush your teeth at least twice a day. However, you could be inadvertently harming your teeth if you aren’t keeping your toothbrush as clean as it could be. Many people leave their brushes exposed to harmful bacteria, which may have a negative effect on their teeth and overall health every time they use their toothbrush. In order to ensure that you are getting all of the benefits of brushing your teeth and none of the negative effects, make sure to follow these steps in order to keep your toothbrush clean.

Store Your Toothbrush Properly
The best way to prevent excessive bacteria growth is to store your brush properly between uses. It should be placed with the bristles up in an open-air environment, so that they can dry out completely. This reduces the chances of harboring any bacteria, which are known to survive and breed in moist areas. Your brush shouldn’t be touching any other toothbrushes, and you should never leave it in a warm, closed area unless you need it for travel.

Use Multiple Brushes
Because it is important to let your brush dry out between uses, it may be beneficial to have multiple toothbrushes at any given time. If you brush your teeth in the morning, the brush may not be completely dry by nighttime. In this case, you can have a designated nighttime toothbrush that will be dry for you by bedtime. By the time you wake up, you can use your other brush for your morning session.

Use Hydrogen Peroxide
If you don’t want to use multiple brushes or leave your toothbrush in the open air, you can use hydrogen peroxide overnight to clean the bristles. Simply put a little bit in a small glass and store your toothbrush with the bristles down in the peroxide. Despite the fact that hydrogen peroxide is moist, it has enough oxygen to kill many of the bad bacteria that are harmful to your mouth.

Use the Sun
If you have a window with plenty of access to your sun, it can be beneficial to leave your toothbrush there while it dries out. Sunlight will help it to dry out faster than if it is just sitting in the bathroom, and it even has natural disinfecting properties that will make your toothbrush even safer to use.

Avoid Closed Containers
As we mentioned, it is best to let your toothbrush dry out in the open air. If you store it in a closed container, the moisture will sit, inviting more and more bacteria. If you must use a container for travel or some other reason, you should clean it regularly and even use peroxide in it when you are storing your toothbrush. If you are traveling, take your brush out of the container once you have reached your hotel room and let it sit out in the air. Doing so will help to ensure that fewer bacteria are able to breed on your toothbrush.

Dr. Justin Poff, DDS

Knowing how important mouth hygiene is to help avoid endocarditis (as well as keeping my teeth!), I go to a dentist every 3 months or so for a cleaning, though of course that is not currently possible because dentists are closed due to the Coronavirus situation. I came across ultrasonic cleaners like this one, marketed as good for cleaning plaque and tartar. They are not expensive, but I wondered if anyone has any experience of these and if they are worth it. Personally I can't get on with floss and instead use inter-dental brushes, but am interested in this sort of thing.
Since regular dental checkups may not be practical under the current situation, I can appreciate your anxiety about keeping proper oral hygiene. Dental experts frequently utilize ultrasonic cleaners, usually referred to as ultrasonic scalers, to remove plaque and tartar from teeth. Go to Teeth Cleaning in Gilbert, Arizona | Timber Falls Pediatric Dentistry to learn more.

Since regular dental checkups may not be practical under the current situation, I can appreciate your anxiety about keeping proper oral hygiene. Dental experts frequently utilize ultrasonic cleaners, usually referred to as ultrasonic scalers, to remove plaque and tartar from teeth. Go to Teeth Cleaning in Gilbert, Arizona | Timber Falls Pediatric Dentistry to learn more.
Thank you for taking the trouble to provide that, @love lucio ! However, as the question is over 3 years old now and Covid controls have ended, I am back at the dentist for regular cleaning :)

Latest posts

Back