Anyone NEED a meter?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you're totally welcome. I can't say if it'll work in Excel or Google Sheets (for those who use those), but I'm expecting it won't be too different.

the only thing better than the fun of knowing is the joy of doing

View attachment 888153
(wonders to himself who even gets this)

I don't get the reference to the dialog/quotes but I recognize the image as that of John Lithgow as the crazy/mad whatever "Lizardo" from the Buckeroo Banzai movie! Been many years since I saw that but this makes me want to revisit it to get a small reminder of my youth.

Is the "what is the greatet joy?" question and crowd answer "the joy of doing" from that movie or was that something you just added with Lizardo to make some kind of point?? (again sorry been like 30-40 years since I've seen that movie)

I don't get the reference to the dialog/quotes but I recognize the image as that of John Lithgow as the crazy/mad whatever "Lizardo" from the Buckeroo Banzai movie! Been many years since I saw that but this makes me want to revisit it to get a small reminder of my youth.
Top points
Also as John Whorfin (reminds me of warfarin)

Loved that movie

you're totally welcome. I can't say if it'll work in Excel or Google Sheets (for those who use those), but I'm expecting it won't be too different.

the only thing better than the fun of knowing is the joy of doing

View attachment 888153
(wonders to himself who even gets this)
another saying us ole timers have is, "it is better to give then to receive"! oh oh, now again I am aging myself, i dont mean to but sometimes i cannot help myself from doing that.....lol

another saying us ole timers have is, "it is better to give then to receive"! oh oh, now again I am aging myself, i dont mean to but sometimes i cannot help myself from doing that.....lol
So are you going to give a needy person here something?

Regarding the original title of the thread, it looks like there are some interesting auctions available on Ebay right now for Coaguchek devices:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224629657185?autorefresh=true
Just make sure to do your due diligence on the reputation of the seller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2245869191...8TQq%2F0b6tr4V9AX2mD|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524
Here too:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2246208429...KWloy9I71U3%2BZRmKA4|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524
I am editing to add the following, which I noticed. The more expensive listing says:

Tested In Working Condition

The much cheaper $ 49 and the auction one say:

No Back Door

No front blue cover

You can see from the photo what they mean. The battery cover is missing and the blue cover, which protects the strip area in front is missing. I think both of these are easy fixes, so I went ahead and bought one for $ 49 and will test it for accuracy. Not a bad idea to have a back up in the rare event mine stops working (probabably very rare). In such event I will have a back cover and a blue cover for the front from my old one.
If you look at the listing after opening the listing, it says that it works.

I wouldn't trust my life to a used meter. Some people are tinkers and open up devices just to see...grandma's dead and doesn't need it anymore...Oh wait I can get $200 on ebay for it, better put it back together...
This vendor is selling many units - I'm guessing that before this vendor runs out of them, they may have sold hundreds.
This volume vendor hasn't tinkered with these meters.
CoaguChek has quality controls built into the strips - errors with the meter should show up when you test.
These meters are designed to run thousands of tests.
I've used used meters over the years, and have had no issues with any of them (aside from the damned Hemosense meters that caused a TIA).
I'm trying to get one of these used XS meters because it may still be newer than the one that I'm using - and for backup.
But, personally, I wouldn't have a problem with trusting my life to one -- it may make sense, though, to have a lab blood draw just to be sure that the results are close.

Actually, the saying is that 'it is better to give than receive.'

It is.

I used to give my kids gifts on my birthday - it made them happy to get them, and I got the joy of seeing them happy.

I have an extra Coag-Sense, and am using the XS a lot more than I use the Coag-Sense (accuracy issues), so I may consider doing something nice with my old (new) meter.

I'm trying to get one of these used XS meters because it may still be newer than the one that I'm using - and for backup.
But, personally, I wouldn't have a problem with trusting my life to one -- it may make sense, though, to have a lab blood draw just to be sure that the results are close.

As I noted, I picked up one of the used ones from this seller for $49 as a backup. This batch is being sold for less than the other because they are missing the battery cover and the little blue strip cover. Visually it looks almost new. I don't need those covers, as I am using it for a backup should mine every stop working or starts giving my questionable results, and if this happens I can transfer the covers over. Given the feedback I hear from those using these devices for years, it seems like this is not likely to every happen. I will be testing this device against my current one for accuracy, and I have recently tested mine against the lab- spot on. I have also reached out to Roche to see if these missing covers can be replaced.

I have a HP 12C financial calculator which I have owned for 31 years. The battery cover broke when I changed the batteries after owning it for 3 years. So, for the past 28 years I have used it without the battery cover- as you would expect, it still works perfectly. I expect this will be the case with my used Coaguchek, but will see when I test it.

I bought one of the meters for $30 - it was listed at $25 or best offer. My best (and only) offer was for $30, and it was accepted.

My current XS is at least 7 or 8 years old - I don't know if comparing serial numbers of the two meters will give me any idea which one is newer, but if I can tell, the newer of the two will be my primary, and tghe other will be my backup meter.

I doubt that there will be any significant difference between the results of the two meters -- these are medical devices that are MADE to be accurate. Quality Assurance is built into the strips. If there's a problem with the meter, the strips will probably indicate this.

In the newest inrange model through the menu you can find when it was activated for the first time, this can give an indication of when it was released, also and from when the firmware one can find when it was released about ,photo is for my device.

Attachments

• 20211008_165105.jpg
    20211008_165105.jpg
    875.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 20211008_165055.jpg
    20211008_165055.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back