Anyone here remember me? Prayers please...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Praline

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Long time since I have been here... Heart is doing fine but other health issues now.

After a routine mammogram over Thanksgiving, I was called back for another one. Then had an ultra sound and then a biopsy. I went to learn more about the findings of the biopsy yesterday. I have invasive ductal carcinoma. Options are a complete mastectomy or a lumpectomy. If they do a lumpectomy, I will need radiation since the cancer cells have left the duct and invaded the breast tissue. They will sample a couple of lymph nodes to see if they contain cancer cells. If they do, I will also need chemo. If not, just radiation. I was told there is a 5% chance of recurrence with a complete mastectomy and 5% to 8% with the lumpectomy.
I have an appointment to speak with a surgeon this coming Tuesday.

While I was there last Tuesday I was asked a whole bunch of questions ...such as Are you sad? Are you depressed? Are you scared? and I am rating these on a scale of 1-10. When she said "Are you scared" I stopped for a second then I started laughing. I said " I can rate this but when I had my heart surgery I would have probably need a scale of 1-20 at least." The ones who were here then probably remember. It made me remember all of you and how supportive you all were. I have a new computer so I had to google to find this site again.
I appreciate all prayers and positive thoughts.
Praline

Hi Praline. I remember you for sure. So sorry you are going through this and I'll keep you on my prayer list. Sound like you have great medical care and I'm sure you will make the right choice in treatment.

(((((( Hugs )))))

Hi, Praline. Yes, it sure has been a long time, but you are always welcome here.

I'm saddened to hear of your new issues, but hopeful that they have discovered it soon enough to minimize the corrective actions needed to keep you on track. Please keep us posted, and as always, our hearts and prayers are with you.

Praline,
I remember you (and your wonderful forum name). I'm sorry to read life has given you another medical mountain to overcome, and wish you the best as you go forward. Please keep us posted how you are doing.

Hi, Praline,
I remember you! I will pray for you, certainly! Sending my love and hugs from California!

Hi Praline, definitely remember you. Sorry you face this new challenge but sounds like you're facing it with strength and knowledge. Will be praying for successful surgery and a smooth recovery.

Hi Praline,
I hope you are doing well 👩🏻. I have not been here in awhile, but I just had my. 11 yr Valversary and wanted to stop by.

Praline;n861805 said:
Surgery went well. I am trying to paste a longer post but it is telling me that my security will not allow it. Cannot figure out how to do it.

Hello Praline, it's been a while......Sorry that I missed your post, but glad to hear that you are recovering. ((Hugs))

Back