Anyone had a "non-invasive" clip surgery on their tricuspid valve?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The procedure is a clinical trial, as I understand it. Rather than cutting your sternum they put a clip on the leaflets of your tricuspid valve by using the femoral vein in the leg. My T valve is "severely" leaking now and I am often short of breath and tired. I have had mitral valve repair and the maze procedure. Is there information anywhere about how these trials are working out? I have requested to be considered for a trial in New Hampshire.

Thank you for answering so quickly. My cardiologist first told me about the study five years ago, and this one is more recent? It is taking place at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH.

My cardiologist first told me about the study five years ago, and this one is more recent? It is taking place at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH.
I went to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center website and using the search bar found the below clinical trial for Edwards PASCAL Transcatheter Valve Repair System (start date: December 11, 2019).

Edwards PASCAL TrAnScatheter Valve RePair System Pivotal Clinical Trial (CLASP II TR)

I did not see the clinic trial for the Abbott TRILUMINATE Pivotal Trial (start date: August 21, 2019) at this location.

The below link contains the locations supporting the Abbot TRILUMINATE Pivotal trail. Closest I see to New Hampshire are in Boston and New York.

TRILUMINATE Pivotal Trial

I believe I will have to get this done also. My tricuspid valve is severely leaking and I also have to have a paravalvular leak closure around my mechanical mitral valve. Closure will be done through groin or femoral artery. I think they may have to go in my neck for the tricuspid valve leak or leaflet leak, I think I have both. Mine will be done at Baylor, Scott, White in Texas. It is basically what they do when they do a heart cath, just they will be working on the heart. Don't know if they give you more sedation, but I want to be completely out, I just prefer it that way. But they usually give very light sedation for these procedures. Good luck with your procedure, I think it will be a breeze. Stay positive.

This is great to know. My mom's tricuspid is moderate-severe range-she is 80 and maybe this for her since she pretty high risk?

I had a mitral clip nearly 5 years ago for a sudden decompensation of mitral insufficiency which had been followed for years. Also status post aortic valve replacement x 3 last with aortic graft.
Nobody was too keen on going in on me a forth time with an open heart hence the clip. Has worked for me great. Little mitral leak or stenosis.
The procedure is guided partially by trans esophageal echo so you are knocked out. For the mitral through the femoral approach.
Far far better than open heart. Stayed over night went home back to work.

Latest posts

Back