Anyone else go through chemo after AVR?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newfie

Had an AVR in January 2014. This year!! cancer is back. On the other side. Underwent mastectomy in October. First mastectomy was in 2001. On chemo FEC-D. Had first chemo a week ago. Arrhythmia seems to be worse now. I was taking 12.5 mg of atenolol nightly. Feel I need more these days. Saw the cardiologist a few days ago. He said heart was good. Take more atenolol if needed. I don't like that pill - it lowers my blood pressure and makes me tired. And the chemo does a good enough job of that on it's own. Are there any other people out there who have gone through chemo after an AVR? Can you tell me how the chemo affected you? With big thanks.

I am sosorry for the rough going. I know there are others wglho can help. I can say prayers, an d will. There are some who will be aloong with personal experience. This is the best place to find help and support.

Thanks for the reply and for the prayers, Hensylee. I look forward to hearing from people out there with some experience with all this.

Newfie,

I don't personally have any experience with your situation, but wanted to chime in to also let you know that I will keep you in my prayers. Hopefully, others with a similiar experience will be able to provide some input.

Thinking of you,

Just did a quick google search and came across this a site called the Canadian Cardiac Oncology Network. I presume you are from Newfoundland and I don't know if there is a local chapter, but it might be worth contacting them or taking a look at the 'for patient's area. http://cardiaconcology.ca/patients/ .

I am not sure if there will be any helpful information, but might be worth a try.

Last edited:
Thank you , Ottagal, for the information and for the prayers. As it turns out, I called myself newfie because we have a Newfoundlander dog - big and black whom I love. I am from Ontario, I posted the info about heart surgery and breast cancer on both this site and the breastcancer site. Not may people in the same boat on either site. Thank you again.

Newfie;n850640 said:
Thank you , Ottagal, for the information and for the prayers. As it turns out, I called myself newfie because we have a Newfoundlander dog - big and black whom I love. I am from Ontario, I posted the info about heart surgery and breast cancer on both this site and the breastcancer site. Not may people in the same boat on either site. Thank you again.

Well, now your name makes sense! I shouldn't have made that assumption!
BTW, yy husband's brother had one and he was absolutely beautiful.

Well, perhaps, this website will prove to be a bit more useful seeing it is based out of Ontario.

All the very best,

There, I just learned something new. I didn't know that this site was out of Ontario. What is nice is the connection between everyone who has gone through valve replacement. Great site. Thanks again Ottagel.

Latest posts

Back