Anyone do their surgeries as a cash patient ? How do you get through OHS with no family, no job, no support, single, no kids, partner, live alone ?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone do their surgeries as a cash patient ? How do you get through OHS with no family, no job, no support, single, no kids, partner, live alone, don't have insurance that covers cardiac interventions, surgeries etc etc ?

Thanks Dave An American in Bangkok

I know one American who was willing do do it cash, but in the end his insurance provided for him. He had family.

I have no kids and when I had my debridement surgeries (and was quite a bit weaker than post surgery) my wife had died (about 6 months after my OHS actually) and so basically I had to do it all by myself (one of my early posts here) as I had no other living near relatives.

Was an unforgettable taste of what I can anticipate in my elderly future.

So Dave it won't be easy, but even me with no will to live managed to just engage "survival mode" and not think about tomorrow but just getting through the next day.

A year later I had recovered much of my physical strength and was out doing cross country ski stuff like this:

13773514575_0a70b3e433_z.jpg

I won't say it was easy, and I won't say I didn't look at my shotgun a lot, but here I am now.

Best Wishes, ears here if you need them.

Anyone do their surgeries as a cash patient ? How do you get through OHS with no family, no job, no support, single, no kids, partner, live alone, don't have insurance that covers cardiac interventions, surgeries etc etc ?

Thanks Dave An American in Bangkok

There have been a few here with no family but had valve replacement surgery. In the US there are people that can be hired and the after surgery care often includes routine home visits and daily telephone calls. Most people have friends and neighbors that would help.

When it comes to money, maybe you should move or become a citizen if that gives you access to healthcare. In the US most hospitals give about a 50% cash discount. It's a global economy and you can always have the surgery in the cheapest country that has decent service.

Latest posts

Back