Anybody using the Beta Blocker Nebivolol (Bystolic)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raylock

Someone on the forum reported using the Beta Blocker Bystolic rather than Metropopolpol and I am hoping for some feedback on that drug. I did a Google search and came up with a few small studies that suggest that it is as efficacious as Metropopolpol but with fewer negative side effects. My cardio doctor seems unenthusiastic about changing to Bystolic. Any reports by people who have used Bystolic would be appreciated. I am looking for ways to lessen the ridiculous fatigue which I believe is a result of the Metropopolpol.

Yes, I switched from Metoprolol to Nebivolol about 4 years ago. Apart from the tiredness, I also found pain in my legs when walking 200 to 300 yards with Metoprolol. I am diabetic, and the suspicion was that my arteries are somewhat restricted, and the Metoprolol was adversely affecting blood flow.

On switching I found a significant improvement in the distance I could walk (100% more before pain) and SOME reduction in tiredness but not huge change. Definitely worth a trial of it, I think.

Latest posts

Back