any one with this scar !!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extraordinary

hello
when I had my 3rd open heart surgery for a mechanical aortic valve replacement I was shocked when I woke up with another scar in my upper hip just on the side of the bikini line !! I didn't get the answer when I asked the surgeon but they said they opened it just incase they needed it and they closed it without using it cause they didn't need it when I woke up from my surgery I was upset about it because nobody told me about it 'til the hamotoma happened on that side of where they opened it and I've seen it and asked why this was performed as I didn't had any of these in my previous two open surgeries.. any one in the form made for them the similar scar and if you can explain what is it exactly for ! ill attach a photo from google about where the scar is so you can get it right
thank you please any one with knowledge let me know

Attachments

• appendicitis-scar-on-womans-stomach-2B73GJ0.jpg
    appendicitis-scar-on-womans-stomach-2B73GJ0.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 88296228-wound-from-appendicitis-removal-surgery-on-body.jpg
    88296228-wound-from-appendicitis-removal-surgery-on-body.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 142
Only one scar for me and all the pictures I've seen on here.
I think mdapa maybe right, I just had mitral valve repair surgery, I had on incision in my wrist, and one lower in my groin I was told if I remembered correctly that it was for something to do with bypassing the heart and lungs hope made this sound correctly!!!!

Ive got my incision scar on my chest. Drain tube scars below that. Scar from the pain med IV line in my neck (tiny dent now}. Oh and I had a scar near my groin (also a tiny spot now, but was pretty gnarly initially).

During my mitral valve replacement I had one lower down, about the area covered by the bikini. this was for the bypass machine. The main incision was from the bottom of my right nipple to my armpit. I did get a saroma at the groin incision, which caused my inner thigh to go numb. Its almost gone after 5 months.

I've got a scar like that but it's on my left. This was from my first surgery which was minimally invasive (mitral repair). For minimally invasive, the groin area is a good access for the bypass as MdaPA notes. I also had a good sized hematoma afterwards. About the size of a tennis ball sliced in half. My recollection is about 6 weeks until it shrank away.

Ive got my incision scar on my chest. Drain tube scars below that. Scar from the pain med IV line in my neck (tiny dent now}. Oh and I had a scar near my groin (also a tiny spot now, but was pretty gnarly initially).
Me too. My first surgery was a t shaped scar, the second surgery turned the t into a cross. One day soon I will post a photo

I woke up with a similar mysterious incision, in about the same location. Mine was smaller, only about 1cm. It was so small that I did not pay much attention to it. I asked one of the nurses and she was not sure what it was from. I had a ministernotomy, BTW.

I requested all my records, tests, etc. and it was like over 180 pages and was very inexpensive. I just wish they could send it electronically as they sent a mound of paper.

I requested all my records, tests, etc. and it was like over 180 pages and was very inexpensive. I just wish they could send it electronically as they sent a mound of paper.

Wouldn't you hope that hospitals would be up to speed with technology? I can't count how many times that I've been asked to "Please have your physician 'fax' us your medical records." Fax? Gee, I wonder why it is so hard to read, after 3 fax generations?

I think mdapa maybe right, I just had mitral valve repair surgery, I had on incision in my wrist, and one lower in my groin I was told if I remembered correctly that it was for something to do with bypassing the heart and lungs hope made this sound correctly!!!!
yes now I recall when I asked they said something about hear and Lung machine I only doubt it because had two previous OHS and this was the first weird scar

During my mitral valve replacement I had one lower down, about the area covered by the bikini. this was for the bypass machine. The main incision was from the bottom of my right nipple to my armpit. I did get a saroma at the groin incision, which caused my inner thigh to go numb. Its almost gone after 5 months.
yeah it's kinda numb for me as well even 7 years post op

Latest posts

Back