any one with this scar !!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a scar like that but it's on my left. This was from my first surgery which was minimally invasive (mitral repair). For minimally invasive, the groin area is a good access for the bypass as MdaPA notes. I also had a good sized hematoma afterwards. About the size of a tennis ball sliced in half. My recollection is about 6 weeks until it shrank away.
yeah been there done that , hematoma and all thanks it's all gone now

Ask the HOSPITAL to send you a copy of the surgery report. It MUST be mentioned in it. You may have to pay money, but it’s worth your peace of mind!
the Hospital that I've done my surgery at is far far away from my country where I live, but just now I emailed them to sent my the report , I have a report from them before I went back to my country but when I read it it was not mentioned anything about that scar .

the Hospital that I've done my surgery at is far far away from my country where I live, but just now I emailed them to sent my the report , I have a report from them before I went back to my country but when I read it it was not mentioned anything about that scar .
Ask specifically for the report of the surgery date! Do you mind sharing the Hospital/country you had surgery at!

hello
when I had my 3rd open heart surgery for a mechanical aortic valve replacement I was shocked when I woke up with another scar in my upper hip just on the side of the bikini line !! I didn't get the answer when I asked the surgeon but they said they opened it just incase they needed it and they closed it without using it cause they didn't need it when I woke up from my surgery I was upset about it because nobody told me about it 'til the hamotoma happened on that side of where they opened it and I've seen it and asked why this was performed as I didn't had any of these in my previous two open surgeries.. any one in the form made for them the similar scar and if you can explain what is it exactly for ! ill attach a photo from google about where the scar is so you can get it right
thank you please any one with knowledge let me know
very impressed with your flat tummy.
You're in great shape :cool:

very impressed with your flat tummy.
You're in great shape :cool:

Not questioning the fitness of the OP, but those were images found on the inter webs indicating where the scar is. They are not selfies. At least that’s what I read.

Only odd new scar I had was about three inches horizontal near my right shoulder. Also told they used this for the heart lung machine due to the aneurysm repair.

They shaved legs for access to blood vessels in case they are needed. First I’ve heard of them cutting the access open just in case. I know the OP is a couple months old, but that’s my two cents anyway.

Not questioning the fitness of the OP, but those were images found on the inter webs indicating where the scar is. They are not selfies. At least that’s what I read.

Only odd new scar I had was about three inches horizontal near my right shoulder. Also told they used this for the heart lung machine due to the aneurysm repair.

They shaved legs for access to blood vessels in case they are needed. First I’ve heard of them cutting the access open just in case. I know the OP is a couple months old, but that’s my two cents anyway.

:LOL: i was gonna ask the OP for her mobile number with a figure like that ! ;)

I had a little unexplained wound at the bottom of my neck, undoubtedly where some tube of another was inserted during the surgery

This is called femoral vessels cutdown. They use femoral blood vessels as an access for the bypass machine and if they don’t have luck with just poking your skin to access the vessels, they make an incision (similar to the one you showed in pic) and locate the femoral vessels to directly cannulate them as a vascular access for the bypass machine.

Honestly, my surgeon never mentioned that in the pre-op visit. From my experience with surgeons, they are not the best at communicating with patients compared to other types of doctors :/

I requested every medical document. I received it all electronically. I was astounded how little information was described. They just say the name of a procedure and dont describe anything observed. It would be like looking at a car repair work order and all the mechanic put down was the code for the repair. In some instances like a consultation after reviewing ct scan nothing enlightening. I gathered zero information which I didn't already have by attending the procedures myself. I may have been unconscious but I know where I checked in and out of consciousness. The docs added no notes for anyone to read.

What do they do, talk on the phone when they talk about patients? That should be documented but it was not in my med records.

I needed documentation describing / updating my condition for insurance and the cardiologist got mad because there was a proper procedure to follow that ins cos know. He didn't want to do anything extra. The problem was that the agent had come up with a random date for an update not paying attention to standard procedures and timeframes. I had no update scheduled but had some other contact however there wasn't anything noted in my record. We had a video consultation but that wasn't documented.

The only info of value I gathered from my med records was the names of all my nurses and docs while in the hospital.

Last edited:
I requested every medical document. I received it all electronically. I was astounded how little information was described. They just say the name of a procedure and dont describe anything observed. It would be like looking at a car repair work order and all the mechanic put down was the code for the repair. In some instances like a consultation after reviewing ct scan nothing enlightening. I gathered zero information which I didn't already have by attending the procedures myself. I may have been unconscious but I know where I checked in and out of consciousness. The docs added no notes for anyone to read.

What do they do, talk on the phone when they talk about patients? That should be documented but it was not in my med records.

I needed documentation describing / updating my condition for insurance and the cardiologist got mad because there was a proper procedure to follow that ins cos know. He didn't want to do anything extra. The problem was that the agent had come up with a random date for an update not paying attention to standard procedures and timeframes. I had no update scheduled but had some other contact however there wasn't anything noted in my record. We had a video consultation but that wasn't documented.

The only info of value I gathered from my med records was the names of all my nurses and docs while in the hospital.
What you might do is go in person to the hospital and get a complete medical record. They will charge a fee for this. And when you make an appointment, they do make a record that you made an appointment. But as for the procedures, you need to get a copy of the appointment notes, which they do after every patient visit. Good luck on the hunt for more information.

Latest posts

Back