Anticoagulation machine

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolinemc

I have a question for those in the USA and on Medicare. Does Medicare cover Anti coagulation Monitor Machines? Just a knew kid in the Medicare world. Just wondering.

I have a Medicare Advantage plan and it does cover 80% of the cost of a self-testing program thru a monitoring company. The meter and all supplies are furnished to me free of charge and I pay about $4/test as my share. It is my choice for weekly or bi-weekly testing. Contact Coaguchek Patient Services (1-800-428-4674) for details. Plan has been very easy to work with.

I have a Medicare Advantage plan and it does cover 80% of the cost of a self-testing program thru a monitoring company. The meter and all supplies are furnished to me free of charge and I pay about $4/test as my share. It is my choice for weekly or bi-weekly testing. Contact Coaguchek Patient Services (1-800-428-4674) for details. Plan has been very easy to work with.
Not easy to afford the other Medicare plans, limited income on SSDI. I will check into this for I will eventually will qualify for Medicaid that can help also. Thanks and have a great day. Hugs for today.

It's my understanding that Medicare will cover the cost of a meter and strips. I think that the choice between having your own meter or using a service (that sucks money out of the system so they can send you meter and supplies, and phone your results to your doctor) is up to your doctor.
Fortunately for me, I have my own meter and strips, and don't have to worry about that stuff. OTOH - I may consider letting Uncle Sam provide me with a CoaguChek XS and strips so I can compare the results to my Coag-Sense meters.

You said that you'd look into what Medicare can provide. Did you get any information?

Back