AntiCoagulation and its role in Ahlzimers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat, Guru and Merkintologist
I found this interesting

http://www.onlinejacc.org/content/74/15/1924

The first page is available for all but interestingly it supports that being on anticoagulants of some type (Aspirin is also known to have benefits in this area and Warfarin would act in a similar way to Dabigatran).

So there are indeed (as other research I've cited in the past) benefits to being on ACT as we age anyway

Reactions: Eva
Well then I am glade I have been on aspirin for more than 25 years and omega-3 fish oil for almost as long.

Nice to hear there's a beneficial side effect. Nice bonus.

On the he other side of the coin, are there any studies that discuss the detrimental effects of warfarin on say the liver or other organs?

On the he other side of the coin, are there any studies that discuss the detrimental effects of warfarin on say the liver or other organs?
warfarin is probably one of the most studied drugs around. In over 50 years of prescription across (literally) dozens of millions of people and thousands of studies nothing clear has emerged. This means that for every "claim" it is never substantiated ... I'd call that a pretty clear check sheet.

Nice to hear there's a beneficial side effect. Nice bonus.

FWIW, I am one of the longest users of warfarin.....52+ years and am now an old man.....almost 84. I have "labs drawn" annually and all organs, including Liver, continue to function normally. I have some short term memory loss.....but not nearly like Ahlzimers......most likely "old age". BTW, I still have 99% of my hair too;).......hair loss is another story that comes up from time to time:p.

Latest posts

Back