another spring critter, not as cute!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

In the Spring and Fall spiders seem to come into the house. Thank goodness for my trusty cootie catcher, because some of them give me the "crawlies" and this is one. It's really a little guy, maybe about 3/8" or so. It's a crab spider. There are quite a few of them outside. They get relocated quickly when they are inside. I just wanted to see if I could get any kind of picture of it, because it it so small and it was getting towards the evening. The picture's not too bad considering the subject :) I didn't realize that they are kind of hairy until I saw the picture, and that they have lots of different colors. To my naked eye, they look all black.

Oh, they rear up on their hind legs when threatened. You can see that in the next picture. Enjoy!:eek:

We get garden spiders outside. In the house, we get mostly Lady Bugs, which seem to hatch somewhere and then swarm the place. Fortunately, we can now let them outside.

Best wishes,

I'm sorry Nancy, but doesn't look like a spider to me. This crab spider looks like it belongs with the ......gee can't think of the name... the family of spiders that are black and white striped, bite you and are as big as you hand

The kind of spiders we have, have long skinny legs with some having a fairly large body.

But I must say, your pretty darn good on taking pictures.

Here a link to crab spiders just in case you want to read about them. They even walk sideways like sea crabs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_spider

They are creepy looking. It says that they live and hunt in leaf litter. So, what was I doing today? I was out in the yard raking and messing around with leaf litter. I probably brought him in on my clothing or shoe.

Sure, Ross, I'll pack him right up and send him back home to you. Happy Halloween!

Back