Anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SumoRunner

Ran 8.2 miles this morning. The weather was a bit cooler today but no less humid. I lost over 4 lbs on the run even though I was able to stop twice at a park where there's a water fountain. My shorts were soaked to the point of dripping down on my socks. Now that's a lot of sweat.

Have to take it easy tomorrow though. The whole family is gathering for our 40th anniversary. We grew up in a grungy little rust belt city on the low end of the totem pole, but we managed a pretty fair living for ourselves. Both got advanced degrees. Have four children, all grown up with successful careers of their own, 3 out of 4 with doctorates. Three grandchildren, all happy and healthy and we spoil the bejeepers out of them. It's a good life.

Congratulations on your 40th! Hope you have a great gathering with your family.

Our 33rd was yesterday and we are going out to dinner to celebrate this evening.

Swam 1,000 yds earlier today. Next sprint triathlon is in two weeks.

You're right - life is good. :)

Mark

Jack...congrats....we just celebrated 36 last week...it seems I shall always follow in your footsteps!:D
And that is ok with me!

Happy 40th anniversary.Praying for 41,42,43,.....

SRINIVAS

srinivas Heart History:
13/6/2008 2D Echo Diagnosed Ascending Aortic Dissection ,Bicuspid aortic valve, Moderate AR at the age of 38(2008)
9/6/08 CT scan shows Aneurysmal dilation of aortic root and ascending aorta with dissection extending upto brachio cephalic trunk and mild aneurysm
16/07/08 Operative findings & repair. Aortic aneurysm approx size 10 cms diameter.Aneurysm extd upto 1c m from innomiate artery. Mod. Bental DC Bono surgery procedure done to repair my anueuysm with#25 mm St.Jude medical valved conduit(SN 84094003.REF25CAVGJ-51400 AOROTIC VALVED GRAFT) At CARE Hospital Bangara Hills,Hyderabad,India. Surgeon: Dr K.s. Neelakandan gave me re birth! Dr . Sridar,Dr.Amreesh, Dr.Jagannatham completed the formalities.

Here's the thing. The year I had OHS was only our 22nd and our kids were between 6 and 16. In an earlier age I may not have lived, so here's what I might have missed besides the 18 extra years together.

Four kids through college, two all the way to doctorates, a third one well on her way to a Phd. Two kids married, three grandchildren. A brother's full blown AIDS and full recovery. Nieces and nephews all through college, married with kids, and on and on and on. I've had so much bonus life to be thankful for.

And then there's this running thing. 18,000 additional miles, 200 more races and track meets, several trophies, medals, ribbons and plaques.

I'm the handicapped one??? Nope. I don't think so!

Back