AMIODARONE! a must read

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/arrhythmias/a/amiodarone.htm

Dr Richard N Fogoros has written this article. He is an EP, an author of medical books (heart sort), a consultant, teacher, speaker, etc. I have been a member of his forum on about.com since I have been a member here (2000) and he has helped me a lot, especially when my brother was having so many problems, some of which were because of amiodarone.

Recentlty we had 'the amiodarone discussion' again, right here in VR. This article by Dr Rich will explain amiodarone, how it works, what it does, and when indicated for use.

You can also join his forum, ask him questions, and he personally answers your question, tho he will not give medical advice.

I urge you to read the above article if you have any questions about amiodarone.

Ann, as Nancy said, it is a very good article. I have just come off amiodarone and don't like knowing that it could take months and months before it finally leaves my body. Hopefully I can stay in sinus rhythm on my own.:)

Back