All systems go

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaton

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Now on the admissions unit being prepared for AVR surgery after lunch.

Arrived at 7am this morning.

Five vials of blood taken.

Met assistant cardiac surgeon who’ll be assisting the lead surgeon. Consent forms checked. Edwards Inspiris Valve implant confirmed.

Swabbed for MRSA, then I electric shaved chest/arm/groin myself and showered with antibacterial body wash.

Was then given six warmed antibacterial body wipes for different parts of the body.

Gowned up now with non slip socks.

The sun here is hiding behind the clouds but this week London is due a heatwave ☀

Let there be peace 😎🕊

Last edited:
All the best and look forward to your “after” posts
I am flying to London this Saturday for work, going to Fakenham for the week.
Been keeping an eye on your weather, looks good for next week to work on my tan 😂, Im more like this 👻
Will keep you in my thoughts 👍😀

Might be a bit late to ask but are they doing anything with your 4cm artery or just the valve?

Great to hear from you so soon before your surgery Seaton !

You'll be glad you are in an air conditioned ward this week - it is air conditioned isn't it ? The Royal Brompton isn't air conditioned which surprised me, surely St Thomas's is ?

Looking forward to your after surgery reports - all the very best (y):D

Oh my ... my surgery has just been cancelled 😏

The previous surgery has become much bigger and more complicated and is ongoing, apparently. So there won’t be time for me today. Just hope the previous surgery patient does well. She’s most welcome to my slot. Here’s hoping her surgery has a successful outcome 🤞🏼

Been given a new surgery date of August 7th.

So there we are. A dummy run for sure. Time to pack up and head home.

And relax 🧘🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Oh crickey :( Definitley a bummer, especially so shorlty before your surgery was due :(

Really sorry to read this. Time to go home and relax for sure. You were doing so well {{hugs}}

You'll be glad you are in an air conditioned ward this week - it is air conditioned isn't it ? The Royal Brompton isn't air conditioned which surprised me, surely St Thomas's is ?
Hi Anne ...

Yes, the ward I was on was air conditioned. It was perfect considering the heat outside.

I’m assuming all the other wards at St Thomas’ are the same.

Great to hear from you so soon before your surgery Seaton !

Looking forward to your after surgery reports - all the very best (y):D

There’s modern hospitals that aren’t climate controlled with air conditioners? 😲

Latest posts

Back