All Systems Go..

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff - Best wishes. Speaking from experience, young daughters are great cheerleaders to have during recovery. I'll be anxious to hear not only of successful surgery and recovery, but more importantly, to the news of baby #2...

Dec 16 is my birthday (40 this year), so it must be lucky...LOL

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Try to take it easy Jeff , easy for me to say eh. I know it gets crazy waitng but everything will work out great for you and your family.
Your toughest job will be trying to keep yourself from picking up the little ones when ya get home.

Thanks guys. Your messages mean so much!

One of the hardest things will not being able to pick up my daughter. She is too young to understand what is going on and she'll want to be picked up or run and jump on me like she does now. Not sure how I'll handle that.

Tom Petty said it best... "The Waitng is the Hardest Part"

Thanks guys. Your messages mean so much!

One of the hardest things will not being able to pick up my daughter. She is too young to understand what is going on and she'll want to be picked up or run and jump on me like she does now. Not sure how I'll handle that.

Tom Petty said it best... "The Waitng is the Hardest Part"

Hugs!

Since I have a 2.5 yr old daughter, I am sure that if you tell her that you have a big owie, that she will understand in her own way. Then you will need to find activities that you can do with her - like go for lots of "nature exploration" walks with lots of rest included. This will be great for rehab.

My 2.5yo daughter has been great with Skyler (12yo) with this type of explanation. she needs to be reminded periodically, but that's to be expected.

Ah, too bad about the bump, but you still will make it back home for the holidays. You might be a bit on the weak side, but you'll be all fixed and ready to enjoy the holiday cheer. If your result is anything like mine, and odds are overwhelming that it will be be, you'll be a very happy man.

On my way to Baltimore. I'll try to have someone update the forum tomorrow after the surgery.

Thanks for everything.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Good luck to you tomorrow.look forward to hearing from you sometime this weekend. I'm heading to Cleveland Sunday, so if I don't hear from you, then for sure we'll be talking Tuesday or Wednesday.

Trey

Hi everyone. Im alive and well. Had my surgery Friday morning and everything went great. The first night was rough, but each day is getting better. I got my hard tubes pulled today which makes the world of difference. I am finding it hard to concentrate on typing (drugs) but I wanted to check in and say hello and give an update.

I'll try to write more tomorrow. When my brain isn't so foggy...

Oh, I sure remember that first night, too. If you can type that much onto a computer this soon after surgery, you're doing a lot better than I did and I did pretty well. Here's to a speedy recovery! You're already going pretty fast.

Latest posts

Back