AlereINRatio removal ???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I just received a notice to return my monitor to Alere? What do I do now for continuing home monitoring? Any help appreciated. Been home testing for over 15 yrs.

My personal preference is the Coag-Sense (and I somehow wound up with two extras). It may not be quite as easy to get supplies as the CoaguChek XS, but I appreciate that, in my testing, it gives me a result slightly lower than the labs. The CoaguChek XS is a good meter, too, but in my experience, the results were sometimes higher than lab results.

I read in another post that Alere was replacing an InRatio user's meter with 'another' meter. Did this mean that EVERY user of an InRatio meter would get a replacement? Did this mean that only users of Alere's 'monitoring' service would get a replacement meter? I have a meter that they sent me after I told them that erroneous values from the earlier model may have caused me to have a stroke. I was curious about WHAT they would do for people who weren't enrolled in their service but who may have been trusting their lives to the meter.

I called to see... and I got the answer.

Apparently NOTHING. They send me a 'return' kit. This kit said that I was 'required' to send my meter and strips back to Alere. They promised nothing in exchange for complying with their demand. There was something about checking with my anticoagulation clinic or monitoring company to see what they suggest.

Guess what, Alere? I don't plan to EVER use your service. Extensive self-testing, for me, resulted in errors that were the exact opposite of your reason for discontinuing this meter. As far as I'm concerned, you can change the name of this thing from InRatio to InReceivership.

Latest posts

Back