Alere Home Monitoring System

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njean

Premium Level
Supporting Member
If you use Alere to call in your INR results, an email was sent to my inbox advising of their new change, in case you may have missed it:

Dear Valued Patient,

We are very pleased to be your home INR monitoring services provider. As part of our ongoing commitment of excellent service, we are making it easier for you to report your INR results by phone.

Starting this week, the phone number you call to report your INR results is changing to a new toll-free number:

Toll Free 855-209-8400

When you call this number you will hear a new IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system making it easier for you to report your INR results to us. Features of the new IVR include:
• Simplified access to reporting by replacing the use of PINs and IDs with phone number recognition and year-of-birth information
• Cutting edge speech recognition technology
• Clear recorded messaging

As always, if you need any assistance a live representative will be available during business hours. In addition, if you report your INR results online through our web portal, this process remains unchanged and you may report just as you always have.

If you have any questions, please call 1-877-262-4669.

Best Wishes,

Alere Home Monitoring, Inc.

I got one of those a few years ago when I purchased my new InRatio2.
I called them and told them that I purchased the unit outright, and that I have been home testing for 10 years, and will not be calling my results into them.

It's called Bundling... and we all love bundling, don't we?

I called them and told them that I purchased the unit outright, and that I have been home testing for 10 years, and will not be calling my results into them.

I purchased my machine out of my own pocket too, Rob but in order for Medicare to pay for my strips, I have to keep calling in my results to Alere. I've been home testing since 2006.

I don't like having to call in every time I test, but it's really a very small annoyance so I comply.

I purchased my machine out of my own pocket too, Rob but in order for Medicare to pay for my strips, I have to keep calling in my results to Alere. I've been home testing since 2006.

I don't like having to call in every time I test, but it's really a very small annoyance so I comply.

(I don't know why there's a double reply .....HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!):mad2:

Last edited:

(I don't know why there's a double reply .....HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!):mad2:

Hi N Jean,

I am not on Medicare yet, at least not until next year. Guess I will have to face the same issue then.
But I agree.. no real big deal, more an an annoyance, Big Brother is watching.. Too bad he didn't watch the big bucks more closely, and leave us alone. Or is that they think we are too old to manage ourselves? Hmmmm

Rob

I'm still a few years away from Medicare, too, but I wonder if I may be able to get them to get me a CoaguChek XS meter. I can then compare THOSE results to the results of my InRatio and InRatio 2 (both seem to ALWAYS be high), and to my ProTime and ProTime 3 (which recently seem to always be low).

It would certainly be nice to have a meter that is very close to actual lab results. (Of course, if either of my meters is RELIABLY high or low, I can still use it to get an idea of my ACTUAL INR, but it'll still be good to get a match to the blood draw each time I stick my finger).

Do you know if Medicare covers CoaguChek XS?

Latest posts

Back