Ahem! She's Back! :)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jamjude

Well I'm back, so to speak. First of all I want to thank you all for your warm reception to my hubby Jason. I have to do double time with my recovery. :( As you all know I had to be opened twice. People make mistakes, even the most skilled Dr's. I wasn't angry at anyone. Not until I found out the Dr. lied about why I was bleeding internally. When I told them later, word for word what they said and did, while I smiled at them, I heard the word Impossible! You see they give everyone meds, in surgery, to induce amnesia. Didn't work on me. :) The boo boo had nothing to do with my wired bone, nor me moving around to much and causing it to weaken, thus internal bleeding. I remember the water bed, warming my body back up to normal. etc. Would I go through all of that again? Yes! The nurses were awesome! I never uttered one complaint, nor did I say one hateful thing, in spite of my pain. All of the ICU. nurses called me things like their little angel, their little miracle etc. By the way, the Dr. simply forgot to hook up one of my small valves. That's why the second surgery, that's why I was bleeding internally. The truth came out. I'm no longer angry, just wanted the truth. :) I'm on the mend. (( Hugs)) Judy.

WOW, Judy--

What a story! It is so good to see your post. You have certainly been through a terrible period in your life. But you're here and you survived. I'm sorry it had to be that way. All's well that ends well.

I hope the rest of your recovery is uneventful.

Just so good to see you again.

God Bless,

Well it's about time! We were starting to wonder if you got fixed and left us all or what was up. Nice to have you back with us once again.

Sounds like your experience was a little less then desirable, but you made it through with flying colors. Lets cheer to a smooth recovery from here on out! :)

Hi Judy

Wecome back, May your recovery contine, what a story!!!!

After my surgery I was given an antibiotic to which I'd had a severe reaction in the past

I knew by the symptoms that they had given it to me,but the surgeon just dimissed my questions,

I asked a nurse to check my records and she confirmed that I had indeed been given the antibiotic,

and guess what it was on my records in red ink that I was not to be given that drug, and I had told them of my allergy prior to going into surgery,

I now wear a medic alert tag so hopefully it will not happen again

great to see you back on the boards

Jan

Welcome back. I am so sorry to hear of your ordeal. Hopes and prayer the rest of the recovery goes smoothly.

Take care,

For The Guys. Dat Debil Made Me Do Dis! :)

For The Guys. Dat Debil Made Me Do Dis! :)

(Our Gentlemen)
To Be a female is sometimes hard.
Try never to ever let down our guard.
But what would we do without these men.
They scold us in kind, then take it on the chin.
Of course they are handy at a million things more.
Like reaching high cabinets, and opening a door.
Never laugh, when we cry over a movie that's sad.
And even when we are wrong, never tell us we're bad.
They put us on a pedestal, then build it so high.
We actually believe, we could touch the sky.
The thing they don't know about us though.
We love being spoiled, by these guys we love so.
Now keep on saying you love us true.
Just Never forget! We're smarter than you!

:eek:

Judy - Good to see you're back. Thanks for the poetry, I've been waiting a long time. I guess I should blame that doctor. Hope you will have a smoothe recovery and keep writing the controversial poetry.

Hey Judy
Glad to hear they have things going in the right direction for you now. We were all waiting and praying for you. I hope your recovery goes well.
Thanks for the poetry. Even though us men know better.;)
Good to have you back!

Dave

Hey All! :)

Hey All! :)

Well?? We needed a little levity! :) I saw the Dr. yesterday. He released me back to my family Dr. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Also he tore up a bill for the second surgery, to the tune of 22 thousand bux! Then handed it to me, along with a letter admitting everything about the second surgery was entirely his fault. I suppose I forgot to mention that all of you were with me through this whole ordeal. One of you told me to play games with the breathing machine, I was terrified of the darn thing, but not for long! I remembered all the advice given to me on the forum. I actually had a few nurses come in at different times, trying to figure out why the beeps kept going off. This is too funny. :) They sent for the respiratory nurse, she watched me for a few minutes, then busted into laughter! Called me a little ****, then told the rest of the ICU. nurses what was going on, (Quote) "She has the machine confused"! "I was breathing on my own, so they promptly removed that thing! In any event you were all with me, and I love each and everyone of you all the more for it. Next month I'm getting my web page back. I need to get back to my poetry, but I especially need to get back to my life. (( HUGS) >>>>>>>>>>>> Judy.
:D :D C Ya Soon!

Hi Judy.

Glad to hear you are on the mend, for a 2nd time! Wishing you all the best in your recovery process.

Do sympathize with you in regard to being lied to, opened up a second time, etc. Happened to myself as well.

Absolutely amazed to hear you received an written admission from your doctor! Boy....he must have been real real sorry! Or....most likely scared out of his mind that you would take it to a higher place.

In any event, your ok...that' is what is important!

Take care.

Hi Judy,

So glad to have you back! My husband says your doctor should have torn up both bills.....I think its just nice that he's not trying to cover things up. People make mistakes and I can deal with that a lot better then cover-ups.

Get well in a hurry and spend some more time with us.

Hey Judy,
I am so glad to hear you are doing OK. It is nice to hear that Dr's. are human after all. Get Well and don't over do it.
Have A Great Weekend!

Dave

Judy,
Your incredible story got more incredible. I also can't believe the doctor admited to his mistake in writing. That took some moral character on his part - so he gets a few points for that. I imagine his insurance company would have had several strokes if they heard he did that. I thought the general rule was deny, deny, deny until you get caught.

I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Your attitude is inspiring.

Karlynn

Welcome Back Jam!!

Welcome Back Jam!!

Hi Jam,

I am glad to hear that you got through the fire with skill and grace, and I have to tell you, after reading your post, all I can do is hope that if and when you do get mad about what happened, you really let them have it. The reason I say this is that I have a very hard time getting the truth out of my doctors. I still don't know when I will have to have my mitral valve repaired or replaced...Meanwhile, I wish you a speedy and uncomplicated recovery. Harrybaby666:D :D :D

Hey All.

Hey All.

Sorry so long posting. Had a setback, nothing to worry about. I just got very weak and didn't feel like turning on my computer. My Hubby Jason has been the light of my life. I went through bouts of bursting into tears at the drop of a hat. :eek: ! I felt so darned useless. According to the Dr. This was normal. I'm working on a page for all of you. Will post the url soon. In the meantime please take care of you for me. Always, Judy Ps. My Dog Paco.

Hi Judy-

I hope the sun has come out a little bit. The feelings you are expressing are so common in both men and women. You've been through so much and have come a long way.

You're one brave gal, and have a terrific hubby.

I also hope you little setback is going in the right direction as well.

Please, if these feelings don't pass in a reasonable amount of time, see about getting some medications to help. It's more a physical thing for heart surgery patients than it is an emotional thing, although strong emotions are there BIG time as well.

I think a large percentage of heart surgery patients are on antidepressants. They work!

Life's too short to be sad for very long.

Judy - It is always great to hear from you. Sometimes you need some downtime from life and especially computers. I am looking forward to your page for all of us. You have put yourself on the spot, but take your time and get better.

Latest posts

Back