Ah, sweet success!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dorie

Hello all...many thanks for all the encouraging words last week. I came thru just fine and I am so thankful to be able to post this thread. Fortunately there was not enuf blockage to be concerned with so they just did the homograft avr. Had a little lightheadedness upon returning home but think it is due to change in elevation. Hospital was near sea level and home is closer to 2000'.
They removed the breathing tube that eve (surgery was 2:30 - 7:30 pm) so no miserable sore throat. Worse pain was from bad back as not used to laying, sleeping, etc on my back. Vicodin eased that but was never really able to get into a comfortable position unitl back home in my old recliner. All in all, I was there 7 days if you count Wed for the angiogram at 5 pm. I was #2 the next day for surgery.
Staff was great...communication was nil! If it hadn't been for this site, Steve Goldberg's site and a liitle booklet given to me by a nurse from a different hospital, I would have known NOTHING about the procedure and more. Keep up the good work and thank you so much!
dorie

Wonderful news Dorie!

Wonderful news Dorie!

You're doing great! So glad to hear that everything turned out so well. We told you so, didn't we?

Here's to better health and an uneventful recovery.

Congrats!

Congrats!

Congratulations on your successful surgery. Healing is a miraculous process. We are here for you and look forward to you sharing your recovery with us.

Congratulations! Sounds as if you did really well. Its a real blessing to get good news. I hope you go from strength to strength.

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!!!

On a succesful surgery! Wishing you tons of healing thoughts! Our prayers are with you as you heal and continue to recuperate. Keep us posted!

Love,

wow, dorie....
you sound fabulous! i;m so glad everything went so smoothly and fast! joey's on his second day (rp yesterday 8 am) and is sitting etc. but really uncomfy. percoset is making him nauseous and he is still coming down off the anesthesia. hope he does as well as you ! keep doing well. great to hear from you.
thanks, you are so inspiring.
-sylvia

Latest posts

Back