Agian

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocturne

Agian, I tried to PM you but apparently your inbox is full.

What country do you live in, where Lp(a) and its treatment are taken so much more seriously than here in the USA?

Noc, I'm from South Australia.

I doubt LPA treatment is taken more seriously here, that's why I took control and drove it myself.

Most of the research on LPA is from the US and A, anyway. Look up William Davis in Milwaukee, he's all over this.

i'll check my inbox

Read a lot of Doctor Davis in the past, he's the guy who switched from "reverse your CAC score" stuff to "don't eat grains", right? I remember he talked about using aged garlic extract to halt or reverse aortic stenosis progression. He talks a good talk, I'll give him that.

The way you were talking previously about USA docs being "muppets" when it came to Lp(a) made it sound like you came from a place where it is taken more seriously. I know in Germany and that UK they treat it with apheresis, which I'd more than qualify for by their guidelines as I understand them.

I take it you pay for your PCSK9 inhibitor shots out of pocket, then? Or did you get insurance to pay for them somehow?

I found a telemedicine doc who seems to know his stuff about Lp(a) and actual preventative medicine. After I told him my story, he told me I was a very unusual case and he offered to treat me essentially for free, although he expressed some doubt that he could bring my Lp(a) levels down anywhere close to normal. So I guess being a weirdo has some perks.

Next step is an inflammation panel, so we'll see how that turns out. I know he's going to put me on niacin and he did mention the possibility of a PCSK9 inhibitor, which I no doubt would have to pay for out of pocket. If you don't mind my asking, about what does it run you in Australia?

8 weeks since my Mitral Valve and triple bypass and I'm seeing my Cardiologist for the first time since surgery tomorrow. One of my main concerns is what % of heart function do I presently have. Before surgery it was 25%. I'm 69 and had 5 stents before surgery. I'm nervous and don't even know what to ask. Help pleased! New member

That's roughly twice what I pay for child support (for my son who lives with me -- don't ask). For a drug that still won't get me out of the "extremely high risk" range. Huh. Modern medicine, eh?

Back