Aged Garlic Extract?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocturne

This has only marginal relevant to heart valves, but I've been reading about how to slow down the train wreck of cardiovascular disease that my heart is headed for with a calcium score of 156 at age 42. That puts me in the worst 1% for this test, which is one of the surest indicators of future heart attacks.

Your calcium score increases by 10-20% every year, which means big trouble for me by the time I turn 60 and have a score over 1000 (which indicates a roughly 25% chance of a heart attack PER YEAR).

I've read that you can lower your coronary calcium progression by taking aged garlic extract. I was wondering if anyone here has heard of this. You seem like a group of people who are pretty conscious of heart health and treatments.

Anyone ever hear of this?

I know nothing about garlic extract but my wife and I routinely use fresh cloves or garlic powder with many of our meals. I haven't found any noticeable interaction with my warfarin/INR.....if used as a flavor enhancer. I would check with my doc before using garlic as a dietary supplement.

I've read some things about vitamin k2 helping to stop, and possibly reverse, calcification of arteries and soft tissue.

Latest posts

Back