ADHD medication for heart patients

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh one more thing, my sister ( a pediatrician) recommends caffeine for patients who don't want to take Adderall for whatever reason -- for kids they chew chocolate espresso beans. It seems like basically all ADHD adults I know have self-medicated with caffeine but just in case you haven't tried it already, there's that. I don't know if that is safer or not.

Discussing non-stimulant medication options with your physician is a prudent step, as they can provide guidance based on your specific situation. Alongside medication, behavioral therapy and lifestyle adjustments can be valuable components of managing ADHD effectively.

@jakebland38, even though this thread is from three years ago, your concern about managing ADHD without impacting your heart health remains relevant. It's commendable that you're taking your health seriously.

Oh one more thing, my sister ( a pediatrician) recommends caffeine for patients who don't want to take Adderall for whatever reason -- for kids they chew chocolate espresso beans. It seems like basically all ADHD adults I know have self-medicated with caffeine but just in case you haven't tried it already, there's that. I don't know if that is safer or not.
Caffeine is not safe for heart patients, especially children, since is make the heart race.

Dear God thank you chuck,
if you are still with us and have not yet succumbed to caffeine induced
sudden death, please know that I'm praying for you.
your prayers saved me.

I try not to race, unless on the track. I've been cautioned before about being part of a race by the cars with the flashing lights on the roof. They were very helpful and gave me an entitlement to pay some extra tax (or something else if I chose not to).

Somehow I've seen way too many videos about this
1705614129780.png

happily in Australia we call such things "offending" or "an offence" ... so you just have to pay the officer something to allow them to no longer be offended by your actions.

Maybe ease off on all the angry
faces?

Anger Can Affect Your Heart Health​

February 04, 2022
Anger is a normal human emotion and can serve a useful purpose, but if you frequently “blow your top,” it may affect your heart health.
“Anger causes a flood of adrenaline, preparing your body for danger by raising blood pressure, heart rate and breathing, and making blood more likely to clot,” said Jeremy Warner, DO, from Samaritan Cardiology – Corvallis. “This can weaken artery walls and raise the risk for heart disease.”
Research suggests that in the two hours after an angry outburst, the risk of angina, heart attack, stroke or a risky heart rhythm increases

@jakebland38, even though this thread is from three years ago, your concern about managing ADHD without impacting your heart health remains relevant. It's commendable that you're taking your health seriously.
Regarding mental health, confidentiality remains a cornerstone in professional therapy. Mental health professionals uphold the duty of confidentiality to create a safe and open space for individuals seeking help. You can always explore more on this aspect at MentalHealth.com.
I hope your journey to manage ADHD while safeguarding your heart health is successful, no matter when you embark on it.

Back