Accu-Chek Safe T Pro Lancets

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almost_hectic

Just started receiving some new (to me) lancets from Coaguchek as my previously provided giant box of them ran out. The new ones are purple and white and you can click different settings on the side for needle depth. I HATE THESE THINGS! Even on the deepest setting I can’t hardly get a decent drop of blood. I’ve wasted test strips by not having a big enough drop to get a decent sample not to mention all the jabs I’ve done to my fingers. These thing are almost useless. It used to be so easy with the original lancets I had of the T handle blue and white variety. They originally sent a huge box of them that’s lasted me for years. Now they provide them to me in little pouches of 5 needles at a time. MY TEST STRIPS COME 6 TO A BOX! This is the same kind of lunacy that has hot dogs 10 to a pack but hotdog buns are 8 to a pack! Who are the morons in charge!

Just started receiving some new (to me) lancets from Coaguchek as my previously provided giant box of them ran out. The new ones are purple and white and you can click different settings on the side for needle depth. I HATE THESE THINGS! Even on the deepest setting I can’t hardly get a decent drop of blood. I’ve wasted test strips by not having a big enough drop to get a decent sample not to mention all the jabs I’ve done to my fingers. These thing are almost useless. It used to be so easy with the original lancets I had of the T handle blue and white variety. They originally sent a huge box of them that’s lasted me for years. Now they provide them to me in little pouches of 5 needles at a time. MY TEST STRIPS COME 6 TO A BOX! This is the same kind of lunacy that has hot dogs 10 to a pack but hotdog buns are 8 to a pack! Who are the morons in charge!
Can you upload a photo please ?

1617738813754.jpeg

Oh interesting... Ill have to double check my actual packaging. If that's the case then service that provided them to me is kinda dumb... in which case I will for sure let them know. I spoke with them yesterday and explained that the needles are very hard to use to get a good blood sample. They acted as if I was the first person to ever say so.

Oh interesting... Ill have to double check my actual packaging. If that's the case then service that provided them to me is kinda dumb... in which case I will for sure let them know. I spoke with them yesterday and explained that the needles are very hard to use to get a good blood sample. They acted as if I was the first person to ever say so.

That's what I use & they work fine for me. I can get good blood droplet size most of the time, sometimes better than others though because of my calluses/what finger I'm using..

They also have a depth adjustment (3 settings) but I've not messed with that.

P.S. I believe that the 21 gauge diameter mentioned above is about 2mm thicker (?) than the accuchecks. If you can't get a good enough blood drop from the accuchecks that might help. I think it is probably best to stay with the smallest diameter/insert that works but it might not make difference in healing/soreness/etc, I don't really know.

Last edited:
That lancets is Needle diameter: 0.63 mm (23 G) we need 21G that is for diabetics.
https://www.accu-chekcac.com/en/professional-lancing-devices/safe-t-pro-plus
Hey where are you getting this info? Im trying to learn more about the differences in lancets but everything I have found for these Accu-Chek lancets is only about testing for diabetics. I have always been under the impression that blood samples for INR testing are different and require a larger sample. I never had to know much about this before because my testing supplies always worked with no issues. But these new needles have me frustrated and confused. What lancets are other people using who home test? Can others please share what they use or if there is any other devices they previously tried and their experiences. Apparently the needle type I used to use is no longer available so I have to figure this out. Thanks in advance

That's what I use & they work fine for me. I can get good blood droplet size most of the time, sometimes better than others though because of my calluses/what finger I'm using..

They also have a depth adjustment (3 settings) but I've not messed with that.

P.S. I believe that the 21 gauge diameter mentioned above is about 2mm thicker (?) than the accuchecks. If you can't get a good enough blood drop from the accuchecks that might help. I think it is probably best to stay with the smallest diameter/insert that works but it might not make difference in healing/soreness/etc, I don't really know.
The roche softclix lancets that included in starter kit with inrange device is 21 g 0.81mm

Attachments

• HMD129559P.8-400x400.jpg
    HMD129559P.8-400x400.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 109
Needle Gauge Chart

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο 2021-04-07, 8.33.30 μμ.png
    Στιγμιότυπο 2021-04-07, 8.33.30 μμ.png
    262.4 KB · Views: 112
After inquiring about needles with Roche, they provided me with a new soft-clix pen and needles refills. Gave them a go for the first time today. After a few tries which failed to get a decent drop of blood, I was successful after setting the needle at the 4.5 setting. The recommended 2.0 was nowhere near sufficient. Just curious what others who use the soft clix pen have found to be the setting that works best for them?

Last edited:
After inquiring about needles with Roche, they provided me with a new soft-clip pen and needles refills. Gave them a go for the first time today. After a few tries which failed to get a decent drop of blood, I was successful after setting the needle at the 4.5 setting. The recommended 2.0 was nowhere near sufficient. Just curious what others who use the soft clip pen have found to be the setting that works best for them?
I setting the softclix at 5 - 5.5 .You have to apply pressure to the finger and then press the trigger.

I just ordered these from Amazon and they were easy to use. (the color was blue) I'm new to this and the cartridge pen was difficult for me.
MCK16232400 - Lancet McKesson Push-Button Safety Needle 1.8 mm Depth 23 Gauge Spring-Loaded Push Button

I don't use the settings. I take off the head and jab the pin all the way in twice, right next to each other.

Latest posts

Back