ACC releases checklists to guide TAVR therapy

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juliemoon

Welcome! I said I was a medical student when registering, which is kind of the truth....At least that's what I've felt like for the past few months. I wish I could find a report about the longevity of TAVR valves, but haven't seen one yet. Thank YOU, Michelle, for your support, guidance, and kindness throughout this ordeal. Surgery is scheduled for 2/17. Yikes!

p.s. My sweet mom loves rabbits, and when I visit her at the lake, they come out at dusk... and hop around nibbling grass in the sunset. Your screen name always reminds me of that serene setting.:)

Juliemoon;n873270 said:
Welcome! I said I was a medical student when registering, which is kind of the truth....At least that's what I've felt like for the past few months. I wish I could find a report about the longevity of TAVR valves, but haven't seen one yet. Thank YOU, Michelle, for your support, guidance, and kindness throughout this ordeal. Surgery is scheduled for 2/17. Yikes!

p.s. My sweet mom loves rabbits, and when I visit her at the lake, they come out at dusk... and hop around nibbling grass in the sunset. Your screen name always reminds me of that serene setting.:)

Best wishes going forward, Julie! Hopefully by this time next week you'll be well on the road to recovery.

Thanks Duffey! I sure hope so. I'm still changing my mind about valves. I thought I had decided tissue, and then got a call from one surgeon today warning me that he just took out 2 tissue valves in patients my age last week....one that lasted 7 years, one that lasted 8....and he thought I'd be right back here (AVR) in 9-10 years. Other surgeon is saying he thinks the new tissue valve would last me 15 years, then a TAVR at age 58. Very different opinions. Hope to be on the other side of all this soon.

Back