Abnormal T waves-ECG

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gary47

My first post op ECG showed abnormal T waves-My doc said this is normal and that it takes a while for the heart to get back in sync in most cases--anybody have any comments?

I guess there can be all kinds of T waves, each of them meaning some specific condition either temporary or permanent. Without any more info. from your doctor, I would believe what he says. The heart goes through many changes after surgery. Time usually takes care of them.

If you're worried, give your doc a call and pin him down on what specifically he sees.

But for the most part, you should believe what you yourself are feeling. If you have any kind of funny feelings which haven't been explained, don't be shy about asking.

Best wishes to you.

My one-year EKG showed abnormal T-waves also. My cardiologist said it was no big deal at this point. As I mentioned in another post, my Dr. gave me a copy of my EKG printout with his notations that it was now my "normal" pattern. He thought it might come in handy to have in case I had to be hospitalized when travelling out of town on business.

MarkU

Latest posts

Back