A question for my fellow Tissue Valvers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu82

Hey there

I was just wondering, how many of you are on a daily dose of aspirin and what is the dose? I was told to take the 325mg for the first 3 months after my surgery. Today I saw my cardio and he said I could switch to a baby aspirin for the rest of my life now. But he didn't tell me to, I had to ask him about it. He took a minute to think about it then said yes. I will have to call the surgeons office and ask them about it too. So I was just wondering about all of you and what your daily dose is if at all!

Thanks!

The reason he didn't tell you to take it until you asked MAY have to do with your age. Often cardiologist tell their patients to take a baby aspirin if they are over 50, wether they had a valve surgery or not, just as a preventive measure.
Justin is 22 and doesn't take any, After the first few months post op

Last edited:
I started taking 325 mg post-op after my valve at the age of 25. After I changed cardiologist a couple years later and asked about it, he changed me to 81 mg.

Debbie

Wow, thanks for all of the responses! For the most part it seems that everyone is on 81mg daily. I called my surgeons office today and am waiting for a call back on their opinion. Thanks again!

You might also want to ask about taking an Enteric (coated) Aspirin instead of regular (uncoated) Aspirin to keep from irritating your stomach. The Enteric Aspirin disolves in your intestines.

'AL Capshaw'

I must be doing something wrong.

Both my surgeon, and my cardiologist have me on 325. Perhaps because I have two replaced valves.

When I asked my cardio about this, he was suggested since I am tolerating this well ( I take it coated and with food), to not rock the boat.

Back