A New Helper

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolinemc

I recently lost my Dog Dixie, over a month ago. I want to share my new heart mender, Zoey. She has been a great help and in two days, we will be celebrating one month together. Got her the same place as I got my Dixie, a rescue shelter and we are BFF. She helps keep me going everyday. I just wanted to share my happiness about my new support pet. She does not go anywhere with me except when I go to the vet or we stop at PetSmart. I am doing better with her. Can't stand being alone. But she brightens my days.

Attachments

• IMG_20190917_090407230.jpg
    IMG_20190917_090407230.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 394
I recently lost my Dog Dixie, over a month ago. I want to share my new heart mender, Zoey. She has been a great help and in two days, we will be celebrating one month together. Got her the same place as I got my Dixie, a rescue shelter and we are BFF. She helps keep me going everyday. I just wanted to share my happiness about my new support pet. She does not go anywhere with me except when I go to the vet or we stop at PetSmart. I am doing better with her. Can't stand being alone. But she brightens my days.

Nice doggie. Looks like a mature dog with the little bit of white in her snout. You are both lucky to have each other.

My dog's with me as long as it's not too hot. She likes getting out and about. She also likes walking in different neighborhoods. I take her to the Plaza and yesterday we strolled the 39th and Main Street area. Riverfront Park is a favorite as well.

I don't take her into PetSmart though, she's a pit and although she's never attacked a dog I don't want other people getting nervous.

Have fun with Zoey :)

Wishing you and Zoey many, many years of love and companionship.

Nice doggie. Looks like a mature dog with the little bit of white in her snout. You are both lucky to have each other.

My dog's with me as long as it's not too hot. She likes getting out and about. She also likes walking in different neighborhoods. I take her to the Plaza and yesterday we strolled the 39th and Main Street area. Riverfront Park is a favorite as well.

I don't take her into PetSmart though, she's a pit and although she's never attacked a dog I don't want other people getting nervous.

Have fun with Zoey :)
She is 41/2 years old. They tend to get some grey after the age of 2 years of age. Most of the one I have been around. And I see you are also from KCMO. I love the Plaza, but would have to get there by bus. We do have a park just down the street on Chouteau TFWY. It was part of Winnwood Lake many years ago, before I was born, LOL! My mother talked about the place a lot. Family get togethers back in the day. I am glad that they let me see her getting a little grooming done. I am legally blind in one eye and hard to see the wick on the black nails. Soon, hopefully, we can get them down enough to where I can use my grinder to keep her nails trimmed. I hate to see a dog's nails so long. It hurts them to walk and makes them feel pain.
You tell your fur baby I said hello and have many happy walks with her parents. I will be doing that soon myself. Have a great day. :)

Why is that?
I grew up in the country, I hate seeimg dogs stuck inside or in tiny yards.
I travel a lot, I cant take a dog with me from Australia to Finland, nor back again without quarantine.
Currently my working contract is 200km from home so I hole up down here in a tiny shared apartment, before I go back. No pets allowed, so I would have to leave it back home.

Mine goes everywhere with me, except when it’s hot!
Enjoy your new company!
We went on a road trip for the first time and Zoey did great. I carried Dixie's paw prints in my purse with me and it was marvelous. Even at the motel, Zoey did sleep with for a time, then slept with my sister friend. It was fun. She was marvelous.

I grew up in the country, I hate seeimg dogs stuck inside or in tiny yards.
I travel a lot, I cant take a dog with me from Australia to Finland, nor back again without quarantine.
Currently my working contract is 200km from home so I hole up down here in a tiny shared apartment, before I go back. No pets allowed, so I would have to leave it back home.
I feel for you not having a little fur friend. Maybe someday, when you retire from working and find a little home to buy and retire in, you could get you a sweet fur ball. So sad you are alone. Someday you will be able to have one. I will share mine, if you don't mind. She just went a car trip for the first time and she loved it, slept with me on the bed for a couple of hours and then slept with my sister friend. Zoey loved it.

Latest posts

Back