A new camera:

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis S

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Some time ago, Pjmomrunner started a post about a new camera. I loved what I heard and saw. Then, as frosting on the cake, Stretch gave it high marks. I have pretty much thought about the camera at least twice a day since then. Well, I finally ordered it, and received it on Friday. I have not mastered it's cababilities by a long shot, but already am loving the more powerful zoom. This is a picture from our deck, of the east (far) canyon wall-a distance I could not reach in this detail with my old camera. if we get the snow that is predicted, there should be some interesting pictured to take in the coming weeks.

Dennis,

You truly live in a small corner of heaven. Thanks for sharing.

Tell us more..

Tell us more..

Dennis,

What kind of camera is it?

We've always been photo fanatics... and we've all got new digital cameras.. but we're still using our old Minolta 7000i for other photos. We've had it forever... but it still takes great pictures. My daughter just went through a photo club with it.

Really interested in what type of new camera you bought.

I don't know Dennis, I think I could give you the worlds crappiest camera and you'd still take outstanding pics with it! :)

Thank you Ross for your kind words. They came at just the right time this morning. I have not been feeling very well, and don't really know why. I hope to get off the couch in the next couple of days & go looking for some pictures to share.

I don't think this warrants it's own thread, so I will just tack it on here, assuming it's not that bad to hijack your own thread.

A fun musical group from South America came through the Jemez. I think they had a small grant for giving concerts for schools in poor rural areas. This is one example of a grant that really worked-the school kids loved the music, & adored the musicians. And the feelings were mutual. It seems like one thing always leads to another around here, and before long we were going around shooting pictures for grant applications, CD covers, etc. I got a free lunch and deligtful morning out of the deal. I am still fooling around with making Podcasts. I made this for them-notice I am up to two pages now! If I did it right, it should be possible to hear some of their music. My dial-up connection is so slow I can't even check my own site, but it seemed to be working when I left the library.

http://web.mac.com/dennis_smith/iWeb/Eco Del Sur/Podcast/Podcast.html

Dennis -
I have also been telling everyone that will listen that I WANT that camara. I have made everyone look at the pics - especially the bug (AWESOME!).
I am sure that you will THOROUGHLY enjoy it when you are feeling better - I can't wait to see some great pictures. Your pictures have also made me REALLY want to visit your part of the country!!

I hope that you just have a cold - that you will be your tip-top self in no time flat!!! Feel better;)

Dennis S said:
Thank you Ross for your kind words. They came at just the right time this morning. I have not been feeling very well, and don't really know why. I hope to get off the couch in the next couple of days & go looking for some pictures to share.

I don't think this warrants it's own thread, so I will just tack it on here, assuming it's not that bad to hijack your own thread.

A fun musical group from South America came through the Jemez. I think they had a small grant for giving concerts for schools in poor rural areas. This is one example of a grant that really worked-the school kids loved the music, & adored the musicians. And the feelings were mutual. It seems like one thing always leads to another around here, and before long we were going around shooting pictures for grant applications, CD covers, etc. I got a free lunch and deligtful morning out of the deal. I am still fooling around with making Podcasts. I made this for them-notice I am up to two pages now! If I did it right, it should be possible to hear some of their music. My dial-up connection is so slow I can't even check my own site, but it seemed to be working when I left the library.

http://web.mac.com/dennis_smith/iWeb/Eco Del Sur/Podcast/Podcast.html

Dennis,
The entire presentation looks wonderful! I couldn't get the music to play, but I think I have a different media player than others, because I've had trouble before.
I hate to hear that you're not feeling well. Take care, and don't let whatever it is linger too long.:)

Latest posts

Back