A Fib disappointment / Setback

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have d No signs of heart rhythm here, or I don’t recognize Afib.
There are a number of afib apps now available on your smart phone. Some folks might fight it helpful to check for afib from time to time throughout the day, if they have any doubt.

Below I have linked a review of the various apps published last year:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scien...d apps by,subjective quality, and information).

I have not tried an afib app yet but recently downloaded Instant Heart Rate, a free app, to check my pulse. It is pretty slick. Along with the rate it does give a graph of your heart rhythm, although it does not evaluate rhythm. From my time in the hospital bouncing in and out of afib, and noting the way the rhythm graph changes, I can tell from the graph in the app that I am currently in sinus and have been each time I've checked.

Thanks guys for the advice as always appreciated

Does anyone else have experience of Bisoprolol in the States or UK

Like I say I'm on 2.5mg once a day

It would be good to know the dosage levels of others if possible

Many thanks

Mike
I hated bisoprolol---depressed zombie bad dreams--nightmare

Had my 6 week post op apt at the hospital this morning.

My heart is still in atrial flutter/afib

The hospital are making an apt for me with in the next month to cardiovert (electrical)
However the doctor did say before that time my heart may go back to sinus rhythm on it's own

Got my electrical cardioversion booked for 6th July
Being in constant AFib is really annoying me now tbh :mad:

Ugh I can remember what thats like, couldn't sleep, couldnt think about anything else. Im surprised though you have to schedule a date to do it, and almost a month out. I just went into the emergency room and was released a matter of hours later.

I have had multiple cardioversions. Usually talk with the cardiologist and get it done promptly. One of the advantages of the US system if you have good insurance. In national health systems you get it done but not expeditiously if the problem is not medically critical.
If the A Fib returns consider ablation. Works relatively well on non longstanding A Fib. But sooner or later A Fib may return no matter what you do. I had three ablations each of which lasted a few years. Now back in A Fib for the last few months. Considering a new ablation technique.
Good luck.

anyone watch the Denmark v Finland match at the Euros ?

Erikssen collapsed needing CPR and defibrillating.
Thankfully he survived and seems to be recovering OK in hospital.
I've read he could well have had Ventricular Fibrillation

Last edited:
cool !
I will start taking a tablet or two a day , see if it helps my AFib (y)
I doubt that it will do any harm, and it could possibly do you some good. I have been taking magnesium for about 18 months. I stopped 10 days prior to surgery, as my surgeon's office instructed the halting of all mineral supplements. Following my surgery, as is standard procedure, I was put on a diuretic. Soon after I went into Afib. My blood was taken immediately and I was found to be slightly deficient in magnesium and potassium, a side effect from the diuretic, and most likely the trigger for my Afib. I was given an IV for each, which soon brought my levels to normal.
Upon being discharged from the hospital, I asked the nurse practitioner, who was writing up my discharge prescriptions, if it would be a good idea to go back on magnesium given it has been shown to be beneficial to helping regulate heart rhythm. She was fully on board and wrote me a prescription for magnesium protein complex to be taken 3 times per day. When that ran out I continued taking it 3x per day but switched to over the counter chelated magnesium.
I can't say whether the magnesium has had anything to do with it, but I've had no return of Afib since being released. Given its association with cardio vascular health and helping to stabilize heart rhythm, I plan to take it for the long haul.

I can't say whether the magnesium has had anything to do with it, but I've had no return of Afib since being released. Given its association with cardio vascular health and helping to stabilize heart rhythm, I plan to take it for the long haul.

Good to know on the magnesium Chuck, Thank you.

Hoping you can resolve your Afib Pekster

To my knowledge,I have not had any further incidents of Afib since the one EKG at the cardiologist visit 2 weeks post ohs.
I was back to my normal sinus rhythm for the surgeon visit 2 weeks later and believe i have remained sinus since.

Am currently on a 60Mg daily dose of Lixiana as per Cardiologist, for at least 2-3 months, then we shall see.

Latest posts

Back