A delay and update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

McCln

I have posted about my surgery, but was I so upset and did not get to post here about the delay. On that Tuesday, I was running a low grade fever, so the surgery was delayed. And Two days later, my right leg, in the lower part all around, was red as a beet and hot to the touch. Went to a doctor that the surgeon referd me to and he though it was caused from my weight, that I am fighting gravity at 36. LOL. But he did give me antibotics to combat the infection. It is a lot better now and he said by looking at the paperwork that the surgeon sent him, that there was no cause of fever. We know differently. And the same person has to see that leg this next week and clear me for surgery. I know I will and then I will get a new date the week after next. I will be glad when this is over and I get better. You guys are great in keeping my spirits up. I even lurk in the other posts to get encouragement and information. I will keep you all posted of my progress. Later

Hi McCln-

My husband had something similar when his legs were filled with fluid prior to his last surgery. He's a rather thin guy, so weight wasn't the problem, but it did turn out to be cellulitis and they gave him diuretics and antibiotics for it and it went away. Nasty stuff and painful too.

Ouch

Ouch

I imagine there's nothing worse than having a delay when you're all psyched up for the event. I do hope we shall hear that you're all sorted and have had your surgery very soon. Best wishes to you.

Oh my, oh my. So sorry about this unfortunate and untimely infection. I hope you will be able to get on with things pretty quickly, but make sure NO INFECTION, cause this ain't no time for it to happen. Please keep us posted. God bless

So sorry to hear your surgery had to be delayed, but I suppose thank heavens you didnt go in with an infection. Kinda good news/bad news. Keep your chin up and know that I am rooting for you!

Back