A Date For My Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello to Everyone
I've just received a letter telling me my surgery has been provisionally booked for Nov 7th, so soon I hope to be On The Other Side with all you good people.I was told in June I would need AVR surgery so my wait has not been too long (UK NHS waiting lists are usually a lot longer) I am pleased but also a little afraid, Reading all the posts since July has been an inspiration to me but as my turn approaches I have mixed emotions, I know I need and must have it done and that I will feel better afterwards but I am worried. I suppose I should be grateful that I have time to prepare, as so many of you had emergency surgery and the trauma of that must have been awful.
Thanks for listening
Jan

Jan

You'll do just fine! Have faith. It will be done and over with
soon. I couldn't believe how much better I felt after my
first surgery. It took awhile to heel but after I had much more
energy.

:) Judy

Hi Jan

Glad to hear you've got a date. That was quick. When you finally do hear you don't get much warning. I am scheduled for around Springtime and will also get around 2 to 3 weeks advance notice. I know how you must have been feeling over the past few months. I'm sure you must be even more apprehensive now that you've got a date. Anyway as they say you'll soon be on "the other side". Do you know what kind of valve you will be getting?

Best wishes.

Peachy

Hey Jan

Hey Jan

Good news ..I know you must be worried but you will do fine and soon be back with us telling us all about it ...come in here and tell us your worries any time ...we will be praying for you and your family on Nov 7th ...you take care ...
Scottie

Jan - Glad to see you have a surgery date. I liked your posting since it says you are looking forward to being better. I guess a "little afraid" and "am worried" are just about normal and the way I remember it. One thing that I did was made plans to do all kinds of stuff while I was recovering and out of work. Keep busy until you get to surgery date, don't leave too much time to think about it. Good luck and hope your surgery is successful, quick and easy.

Waiting is the worst!

Waiting is the worst!

Hello Jan,

If you've been reading the posts you surely know that this time...... the waiting is the very worst.

Best wishes and prayers,

Rain

All the best

All the best

Jan - It will be wonderful to have it all over and you'll be able to focus on other things in your life. Hope your date moves from provisional to definite so you can be finished with any anticipation and anxiety. Very best wishes to you.

Sometimes, maybe we don't want to know that much ahead of time, however, it does give us time to reflect on many things, get things done that should have been done a while back, and prepare for a new kind of future. It will be an awesome wait for you as all of us know - apprehensive time for you and your loved ones, but please keep in close touch when you need support as that is what we are about. Almost everybody in here has been there/done that/don't want to do it again but would if we needed to because it is truly a miracle in the long run. God bless you, Jan. We are here as you need.

Hi Jan-

November 7 isn't that far away. Just enough time to do the last minute things. The time will pass quickly and soon you will be feeling better.

I want to wish you the very best and you'll do just fine with your surgery.

God Speed!

God Speed!

Jan,

Glad you have your date...please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and God will be with you.

Then it is so great to be getting better and better and stronger and stronger every day. This weekend, I just stopped while raking leaves and thought God, it is so good to be out of breath and then get right back to normal as soon as I stop! I love it. Wait until you are on the other side too. We'll all be waiting for you.

Jean

..in addition to which, excepting a few foibles and after the first days of adjustment, I personally really enjoyed the convalescence period, would you believe? Don't know as I would voluntarily undergo another surgery just for that, but six weeks off with lots of time to loaf, read, nap, walk, watch (what I want to on) TV and hang out with family was actually a genuine blessing. We tend not to get many times in the course of our life to slow down and take stock or just pause, and this was a good one.

Peter

hi jan!
i wish you all the best. i hate to repeat it, but the waiting is truly the worst_ everyone is right.
but, the day will be here soon enough and then you'll be on your way to recovery. please keep us posted and if you have a SO or kids, please have them post your progress when the time comes. we will all be looking for updates.
God bless you . we are all here for support and hand-holding.
-sylvia

Thanks you all

Thanks you all

Many thanks for all the positive thoughts sent my way,

Judy,
Thank you, I too look forward to feeling better

Peachy,
I see the surgeon on mon 29th to discuss the type of valve
I think i will be having a mechanical (don't know how much choice I will be allowed) I will let you know.

Scottie,
yes it will be good when I am able to let you all know how it went, I intend to keep a diary so I can remember things.

Bill,
that is good advice to use the time to make future plans
one thing I do hope to do is make it to Las vegas in 2002
for the reunion. It will be great to meet everyone.

Rain,
you are so right the waiting is hard,but thankfully Nov 7th will soon be here and soon the surgery will be over.

Gillian,
I've been told it will go ahead unless I get a cold or something so please think of me on the 7th.

Hensylee,
You are so right we are all apprehensive but although they are concerned my husband and sons are being very positive and supportive to me .

Nancy,
Thank you for your good wishes, You have been through so much with Joe and yet you still have time for others.

Jean,
It must be great to regain your breath easily, I look forward to being able to walk upstairs without having too stop.

Peter,
I will make sure i enjoy the convalescence as you say it will be a time to read and nap as and when I wish and a rest from the chores, I hope you are not overdoing it now you are back at work.

Once again THANK YOU to all the members, you are all amazing
I look forward to joining you all on THE OTHER SIDE.

Jan

Latest posts

Back