a 2010 presentation by a surgeon to surgeons on AC and Mechanical valves

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat, Guru and Merkintologist
Hi

well this presentation is hard to get these days, and probably a bit long for the short attention span of modern folk. However this is a segment of it which pertains to Anti Coagulation therapy and the significance of time in range.

Its interesting to see what has changed, what hasn't and what predictions he made which have not turned out (dabigatran)

If anyone wants the full presentation (which is more about valves than AC therapy) mail me (hotmail) and I'll send you a link. I kept a copy of it which was handy after Mayo took it down (or at least made it harder to find).

Very interesting presentation indeed, the time in range graphs say it all really.. gives me the warm fuzzies at 96% in range for the last 6 months

funny how somethings haven't quite panned out as predicted... aren't we meant to be living on the moon by now?

Warrick;n881712 said:
Very interesting presentation indeed, the time in range graphs say it all really.. gives me the warm fuzzies at 96% in range for the last 6 months

indeed :) me too ... in fact I reckon we self testers (and indeed self administrators) score better than the clinics as a group too.

something which I thought was in there (but wasn't) was the justfiication for "usual care" being monthly (rather than weekly) as being the cumulative damage to your veins ... have to see if I can stumble across that link (which was what I was looking for at the time).

funny how somethings haven't quite panned out as predicted... aren't we meant to be living on the moon by now?

lol ... of course I know that you know the moon landings were hoaxed and the world is really flat ... ;-)

wink wink

Latest posts

Back