7th anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxximom

Well it has been 7 years since my triple by pass/AVR surgery..in some ways it seems like it was only yesterday and some days it seems like it was very long ago.I don't post to often,, but I am a regular lurker and jump in once and a while if I can be of any help to someone.
I had my surgery about a week after Joey and I carefully watched all of Sylvia's posts. I too was affected by 9/11..I was set to fly from Raleigh NC to Cleveland for another opinion (after all why go to #5 when you can go to #1) when the terrible event took place. At that point we figured that there was a message being directed at us to stay put and have my surgery at Duke with Dr Glower.The surgery and after care went very well. I did have my right lung collapse and have had some visual weird things with my eyes..but I can't complain for a old bag who is now 77. Who knew just 5 years after my surgery we would be moving from Raleigh to Columbus Ohio.If I should have any problems.. I am only a 2 1/2 drive from CC :D
I need to stay strong since my Husband of 57 years (Oct 7th) has major medical issues and I have to play advocate for him all the time. I often think of Nancy and how she was such a strong advocate for Joe. Allan has many of the same issues, minus the surgeries..I may pick your brains Nancy.
This Forum has grown so large in the past 7 years. You are a wealth of information for anyone who needs it..you are a amazing group of people. You were there for me 7 years ago when I posted.. I was a terrified..really terrified 70 year old, obese, Diabetic women who need both a Bypass and a AVR (and possibly a MVR) surgery and I found the support, Love and encouragement that I so desperately needed.
There are lots of new people here who don't know me and to you I say Hello and to all my Old friends a big Hi and Thank you. I am here lurking and will try and drop by more often..really I will
Love and Good Health to All
Joan
PS 7 years have not improved my typing or my spelling :)

I am so happy you posted. I don't remember seeing any before however I sure could have missed them.

I'm 8 months as of yesterday and I'm 67.

Congratulations on your seven years and good luck with both your health and your husband's.

Thanks for the update and do keep posting.

Joan,

CONGRATS on your 7 years. And, of course, thoughts/prayers en route for your husband...and you.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Come along and share the good times while we can" ... Lynn Anderson ... 'Rose Garden'

Happy 7 year valveversary and best wishes to you and your husband for many more.

Joan,
Congratulations on your 7th Valversary, and your upcoming 57th wedding anniversary!
Thank you for relating the story of your valve replacement experience. It must have been a terribly stressful time, but you came through it well.:)
Once again, congratulations
!

Congratulations on the 7th valve anniversary, and your upcoming 57th wedding anniversary!

(I checked your profile because of the Raleigh references. I have a good friend there, but I see you have moved away. Also noticed the greyhound--we have one.)

Thank You

Thank You

Thank You Bina,Marie,Knightfan,Phyllis,Jim,Wayne,Mary Debby and anyone else who is sending me good wishes on both anniverserys. I don't know which is more difficult.. the 7th or the 57th:) Ok just joking.. but reaching 57 years..it Ain't easy..LOL..Phyllis your Husband was exactly my age when I had my surgery..so many on this forum are such young chickens. Marie at 8 months out.. I am sure that you must be feeling so much better by now. Debby.. we moved from Raleigh 2 years ago.. It was so much nicer living there..Ohio weather is just awful..we got spoiled in Raleigh.I am so compuiter illiterate that I totally did not realize ther was a profile until you mentioned it..and then I saw that I had 14 messages that went back a few years..OMG what those people must think of me for not answering them. I would love to talk Greyhounds..may I email you privately? My Greyhound was named Maxx.. hence my name above. He died a year ago from Osteo Sarcoma.We miss him terribly.
Thank you all again
Love
Joan (and Allan too)
St Judes Porcine Toronto Stentless Valve and Triple Bypass..Duke Medical Center Dr Donald Glower 9/23/01 at age 70

Latest posts

Back