7 months AVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATHENS1964

Seven months after the surgery and today I had an ultrasound. The left ventricular end-diastolic diameters LVESD 53 mm (before surgery was 65), ventricular end-systolic diameter the end systolic pressure LVESD 37 mm (before 48 ),and the EF 65%. also the left atrium LA was measured 50 mm and the doctor told me that it was a surprise because it was 55 and that it is difficult to change this dimension. I am happy because he told me that he is very happy with my progress after the surgery and the new valve works fine without escape. He advised me to keep walking and eat as little salt as possible and that I will not have any problems.

Seven months after the surgery and today I had an ultrasound. The left ventricular end-diastolic diameters LVESD 53 mm (before surgery was 65), ventricular end-systolic diameter the end systolic pressure LVESD 37 mm (before 48 ),and the EF 65%. also the left atrium LA was measured 50 mm and the doctor told me that it was a surprise because it was 55 and that it is difficult to change this dimension. I am happy because he told me that he is very happy with my progress after the surgery and the new valve works fine without escape. He advised me to keep walking and eat as little salt as possible and that I will not have any problems.
Great news! It is so hard to find anything with no sodium. Even low sodium products are not "low". Very frustrating!

Great news! It is so hard to find anything with no sodium. Even low sodium products are not "low". Very frustrating!
What you are saying is very true that salt is put in large quantities in ready-made foods to flavor them, it is the cheapest way to increase the taste and preserve the food. What I do is use flower salt, it is a salt in a natural all-white color, with a foam-like shape and enough moisture, the salt flower or fleur de sel, as the French call it, is a special product of excellent quality, which some may rightly consider him the king of flavor.

It is a completely natural material, as it does not undergo any treatment, such as washing or adding iodine or other substances that will improve its flow or color. It is carefully collected by hand from the top of the salt of the salt and is standardized in small quantities in various parts of the world, most famously Greece (eg Messolonghi lagoon), France, Portugal etc.

Fantastic news! Glad for your great echo result and thanks for sharing your good news!

It is so hard to find anything with no sodium. Even low sodium products are not "low".
don't fall for the idiots in nutrition "science" various fads ... some sodium is essential
https://www.msdmanuals.com/home/hor...-balance/overview-of-sodiums-role-in-the-bodySodium is one of the body's electrolytes, which are minerals that the body needs in relatively large amounts.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3951800/
Sodium is the major cation of extracellular fluid. The mean body content of sodium in the adult male is 92 g​

when you sweat you lose it

don't fall for the idiots in nutrition "science" various fads ... some sodium is essential
https://www.msdmanuals.com/home/hor...-balance/overview-of-sodiums-role-in-the-bodySodium is one of the body's electrolytes, which are minerals that the body needs in relatively large amounts.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3951800/
Sodium is the major cation of extracellular fluid. The mean body content of sodium in the adult male is 92 g​

when you sweat you lose it
Τhere is marine sodium and sodium mineral, I think marine is better what is your opinion?

If the great Greek philosopher/scientists were alive and understood chemistry they would say sodium chloride is sodium chloride and salt is salt.
There may be a different amount of water in different types of salt so that the concentration of sodium by weight may vary somewhat but salt is salt.
Not sure why the doctor told you to avoid sodium unless you are retaining it as in heart failure. Sounds like your heart is working very well and you are not in failure. Also if you have high blood pressure than high salt intake can exacerbate that. So a normal diet should be fine. Anyone who goes on a binge diet heavy in salt will temporarily hold on to water until their body eliminates the extra salt. People in failure will hold on to the water and salt much more avidly hence the swelling of the ankles and in bad failure fluid in the lungs. So enjoy your health. There are blood tests that measure certain hormones that are associated with heart failure as a measure of failure. Over the years I have seen mine go up and down as a function of how my heart was doing.

If the great Greek philosopher/scientists were alive and understood chemistry they would say sodium chloride is sodium chloride and salt is salt.
There may be a different amount of water in different types of salt so that the concentration of sodium by weight may vary somewhat but salt is salt.
Not sure why the doctor told you to avoid sodium unless you are retaining it as in heart failure. Sounds like your heart is working very well and you are not in failure. Also if you have high blood pressure than high salt intake can exacerbate that. So a normal diet should be fine. Anyone who goes on a binge diet heavy in salt will temporarily hold on to water until their body eliminates the extra salt. People in failure will hold on to the water and salt much more avidly hence the swelling of the ankles and in bad failure fluid in the lungs. So enjoy your health. There are blood tests that measure certain hormones that are associated with heart failure as a measure of failure. Over the years I have seen mine go up and down as a function of how my heart was doing.
Τhe coronary angiography done before the surgery was excellent without atherosclerotic plaques do not have increased blood pressure I am 120 - 75 just the doctor recommended that because I am well and the blood vessels in good condition to take care to have good health. Basically from what I understood the recommendation is the same for all of them, healthy, avoid the very salty white flour biscuits etc as well as the butter, no do not eat them just limit the consumption. Prefer whole grain products, cereals, fruits and legumes, ie that nutritionists recommend a balanced and quality food ,As we take care of our body and exercise, so we must take care of our diet..
and after you mentioned the ancients let me remind you what they said << all things in moderation >> .

After 7 months of AVR what is the mean gradient value for your "large" mechanical valve ?

It's about mean aortic pressure gradient [PG], it is measured in mmHg and is calculated on ultrasound of the heart.

It's about mean aortic pressure gradient [PG], it is measured in mmHg and is calculated on ultrasound of the heart.
I will answer tomorrow because I have not with me now , I hope to write in this measured .

I found it , is it ?

Attachments

• 159175217_266068958464511_5967225160056894817_n.jpg
    159175217_266068958464511_5967225160056894817_n.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 108

Latest posts

Back