7 months after surgery, arrythmia is back

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johninsd

In November of 2014 I had surgery to replace my aortic valve with a tissue valve and to replace part of my aorta with a Dacron sleeve. About a week after discharge I was readmitted for pleural effusion and Afib. They drained about 450cc of bloody fluid from my pericardium and did a cardioversion and sent me home again. All seemed well for a while, worked up to walking 2-3 miles a day and started doing some swimming. Then I began to have occasional bouts of dizziness and noticed increasing shortness of breath. So long story short I'm back in arrythmia, back on Coumadin so they can do a TEE and cardioversion in about 2 weeks, no booze no coffee etc. Anyone else had this happen this long after surgery and an apparently successful beginning to getting back in shape? At age 68 I'm not training for the Olympics but I would like to be able to ride my bike and/or paddle my kayak for at least a few hours at a time, maybe even get back into SCUBA - anyone have similar experience/aspirations?

thanks,

John

Back