6 month post surgery echo - results

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ-Rae09

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my 6 month post surgery echo results. I had AVR with a mechanical valve plus dacron sleeve to replace the aortic root. I had a severely leaking BAV.

Excellent news on the three area's of concern pre-surgery below:

1. Left ventricle ejection fraction was 45% pre-surgery, its now recovered to 65-70%
2. Left ventricle size was 6.6cm pre-surgery, its now down to 5.1cm
3. Aortic root was 4.9cm pre surgery, I have a normal aorta size post surgery with the new dacron sleeve

The left ventricle now is much stronger than it was pre-surgery due to years of a severely leaking BAV.

Very happy with the above results at the 6 month mark. The new valve has certainly already done the job, along with the heart remodel!

Cardiologist very happy with overall heart function and post surgery echo results.. I don't need to see him for another 3 years :)

It's time to have a glass of champagne! hoorah!

Cheers,
Tim.

🥳🍻
Love the good news stories

Yeah it was nice for a change seeing my Cardio for some positive news. And now it's all behind me!

The last 10 or so visits (over 10 years) had been the opposite lol wondering when I will need surgery and hearing the negative changes etc that my Cardio was reporting.

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my 6 month post surgery echo results. I had AVR with a mechanical valve plus dacron sleeve to replace the aortic root. I had a severely leaking BAV.

1. Left ventricle ejection fraction was 45% pre-surgery, its now recovered to 65-70%
3. Aortic root was 4.9cm pre surgery, I have a normal aorta size post surgery with the new dacron sleeve

The left ventricle now is much stronger than it was pre-surgery due to years of a severely leaking BAV.

Very happy with the above results at the 6 month mark. The new valve has certainly already done the job, along with the heart remodel!

Cardiologist very happy with overall heart function and post surgery echo results.. I don't need to see him for another 3 years :)

Cheers,
Tim.
Wow! Good stuff.......3 years! Thats wild

Great news! Congratulations!

Hey, toss one back for me while your at it! Wait, that would be 2 drinks. Better stick with one so that you don't bleed out ;) :ROFLMAO: (says the guy on warfarin who had 4 beers watching the MMA fights last Saturday, lol)

Wow! Good stuff.......3 years! Thats wild
Hi All,

Cheers,
Tim.
very nice . Which meds are you on ?

Great news! Congratulations!

Hey, toss one back for me while your at it! Wait, that would be 2 drinks. Better stick with one so that you don't bleed out ;) :ROFLMAO: (says the guy on warfarin who had 4 beers watching the MMA fights last Saturday, lol)

Haha thanks Chuck!

Yes, I better not drink 2 glasses 🤣 what a myth from doctors about consuming alcohol whilst on Wafarin. "You're only allowed the occasional glass of wine at dinner" :rolleyes: two drinks doesn't even change my INR and they wouldn't even touch the sides :ROFLMAO: four beers may increase INR slightly, but nothing to sneeze at. 🤧

Latest posts

Back