52 years on ONE valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chiming in late as I have been away.

Just amazing and hope that you continue to beat all the odds! Happy 52! Thank you for being the trail blazer and for your words of inspiration!

My very best wishes.... :)

Bob Hope was using that song for decades - probably on his radio shows in the 1940s, all the way through his TV shows.

I remember reading a book about computing (can't place the author at this instant), with a commercial that this author wrote. In it, I think someone shot a gun at an Apple II (if I recall). They turned it on, and it still worked. The tagline 'Takes a shooting and keeps on computing.' This always stuck with me.

Who is Bob Hope? He's the guy who owned much of the San Fernando Valley (Southern California). He died at 103.

The Hollywood Burbank airport was named after him for a few years until they realized that people not familiar with the airport were confused -- where the hell is Bob Hope Airport? Or Where the hell is the City called Bob Hope? The name was changed back to one that gave information. (Curiously, the John Wayne Airport, in Orange County California still has that name -- who is John Wayne? Marion Morrison. THAT'S WHO).

Radio stations would spoof that and say, “It takes a knockin’ and keeps on rockin’!”

Congrats, dick0236! Only so many ways to say, “Inspirational”, so I’ll just echo the thoughts of everyone here.

Congratulations, Dick! You are an inspiration for all of us!! I am coming up on my 14th, St. Jude's Mechanical.

I like that his anniversary is in August, because mine is in July and everyone lauds me for a whole month for being around a long time. Then they see his duration and I become just a middle of the packer.

Well Dick, you've lasted so long because that ball and cage valve is so robust. The technician who put it together did a great job :)

As an aside, does your valve make noise?

Latest posts

Back