5 Years!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello everyone. It's been a long while since I've been on the forum. In February 2021 I celebrated a 5 year anniversary with my St. Jude mechanical heart valve. Through hundreds of Warfarin tablets later and at home INR testing, I still don't regret my choice for a mechanical valve. For those of you who will soon join this distinguished club 😎 and are anxious about making a "wrong" decision on a tissue or mechanical valve, just be sure to learn all you can from those who have gone down this path (patients and surgeons) and choose the valve that you believe is right for YOUR circumstances. My heart was set (pun intended) on a tissue valve I but utlimately chose a mechanical. I was in my mid 40's and a mechanical valve made the most sense for me. Thanks everyone and God bless.

Hello everyone. It's been a long while since I've been on the forum. In February 2021 I celebrated a 5 year anniversary with my St. Jude mechanical heart valve. Through hundreds of Warfarin tablets later and at home INR testing, I still don't regret my choice for a mechanical valve. For those of you who will soon join this distinguished club 😎 and are anxious about making a "wrong" decision on a tissue or mechanical valve, just be sure to learn all you can from those who have gone down this path (patients and surgeons) and choose the valve that you believe is right for YOUR circumstances. My heart was set (pun intended) on a tissue valve I but utlimately chose a mechanical. I was in my mid 40's and a mechanical valve made the most sense for me. Thanks everyone and God bless.

Congratulations! Thanks for the positive report! Within a few weeks I will be joining the mechanical club, St. Jude as well, and will become a warfarin junkie. It is always encouraging to hear the positive stories of those who have gone through it and are doing well. I'm 53, and like you, I have been very tempted to go biological, but the more I research the more I believe that mechanical is right for me.

Congratulations! Thanks for the positive report! Within a few weeks I will be joining the mechanical club, St. Jude as well, and will become a warfarin junkie. It is always encouraging to hear the positive stories of those who have gone through it and are doing well. I'm 53, and like you, I have been very tempted to go biological, but the more I research the more I believe that mechanical is right for me.
Hello Chuck and thank you! I hope its smooth sailing during your procedure. Please let us know how things went for you when you feel up to it. FYI, I'd still choose a mechanical in my 50's. I don't even notice the tick anymore unless I focus on it.

Glad it's all working out well and it's really good to get more drop-in good reports

Here's to another 5 :)

Hello Chuck and thank you! I hope its smooth sailing during your procedure. Please let us know how things went for you when you feel up to it. FYI, I'd still choose a mechanical in my 50's. I don't even notice the tick anymore unless I focus on it.
Most seem to indicate that you get used to the tick after time. Good to hear that is the case.

Glad it's all working out well and it's really good to get more drop-in good reports

Here's to another 5 :)
Pellicle! I'm glad to see that you're still contributing here. The counsel and information you provided on this forum helped lessen my anxiety before and after my surgery and I will never forget that. Thanks again Pellicle!

Pellicle! I'm glad to see that you're still contributing here. The counsel and information you provided on this forum helped lessen my anxiety before and after my surgery and I will never forget that. Thanks again Pellicle!
I'm glad.
Myself I've been able to live a full and rich life because of the good advice I was given. If I can do the same for others that's the best thanks I can give to those who helped me.

Best Wishes

Latest posts

Back