5 Years!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're in good hands. Is the ransomware attack affecting your timeline at all?
Unfortunately, yes. Their entire online and app portals are still down. It put me on the fence between going forward with Scripps or going up to Stanford to have Dr. Craig Miller do it (he was my 2nd opinion). Stanford had offered surgery on June 10th. The Stanford 2nd opinion appt. was run like a well-oiled machine and their date was hard to decline.

All Scripps' comms are via phone at this point. Having said that, they got the go-ahead to start scheduling again so I accepted for June 2nd. It's just more feasible for my wife because if it'd been Stanford we'd have to get a dog-sitter and I'd have to suffer through a 7-hour drive home. Lol, she's not deserving of listening to me whine for that long!

I haven't been on here in a while, but today is the five year anniversary of my open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve with a St. Jude Mechanical Valve. My surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey Tyner at Scripps Green in La Jolla, CA told my wife that I had a "drop dead valve" so it's safe to say I wouldn't be here without this surgery. I've run 22 races (including 2 half marathons) since, so I guess it worked.
Great to hear you're doing well. My 5-year anniversary for my surgery was in February. I seem to remember you were out here and pretty regular around the same time I had my surgery which would have been, obviously, same time you had yours. Well good to hear that you're doing well but go Phillies!

Congrats Dodger. I am fairly new to the board, had my valve surgery April 1st, and also need a pacemaker before leaving the hospital. My situation sounds similar to yours in this regard. Thanks for sharing the update, it is awesome to hear your doing well 5 years on.

Unfortunately, yes. Their entire online and app portals are still down. It put me on the fence between going forward with Scripps or going up to Stanford to have Dr. Craig Miller do it (he was my 2nd opinion). Stanford had offered surgery on June 10th. The Stanford 2nd opinion appt. was run like a well-oiled machine and their date was hard to decline.

All Scripps' comms are via phone at this point. Having said that, they got the go-ahead to start scheduling again so I accepted for June 2nd. It's just more feasible for my wife because if it'd been Stanford we'd have to get a dog-sitter and I'd have to suffer through a 7-hour drive home. Lol, she's not deserving of listening to me whine for that long!

I almost chose Cedars Sinai. I'm glad I chose Scripps because the care was great and the drive was much easier on my wife.

Latest posts

Back