5 years ago today!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotguilty

Can't believe its been 5 years already since my AVR. Saw the doc the other day and he would not order an echo of my heart for the third year because I feel so good. He said it isn't necessary. I can't remember when I even had a palpitation. I have been lazy lately but still run 5K's and lift in the gym and try to take everyday as a gift. I pop in here once in a while but I really respect those here who are always ready to give people advice and help. You guys are heroes to the ones getting ready to have heart surgery.

Knotguilty - Nice to see you around, and many congratulations on your 5-year anniversary. Time goes fast when you're having fun, doesn't it?

Thanks for stopping by to let us know how well you're doing. It really helps the new folks to hear from more experienced patients that there really IS life after valve replacement/repair, and that sometimes there is so much life that there isn't time to visit here. It's all good.

Congrats on the five! Here's to many more.

Where do you live? Around here, they do an echo annually regardless of how you're feeling. Gross billings and all that. Can't have those expensive machines sitting idle, you know!

Awesome news and Happy 5th! I, too get an echo every year (coming up to 8 years on Friday!). Wishing you many more years of great health. :)

Latest posts

Back