5 years ago right now.......

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamey T

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I was somewhat cognizant. Morphine had something to do with that, and it helped me a lot. I still remember that night, and my wife telling me after the fact that the angel of a nurse I had was telling her that I was doing well.
I think I was, since I walked out of IC to my room, and she said she had never seen anyone do that. I can't say enough good about the care at the Mayo clinic. They were extraordinary.

I also want to thank everyone who participates here, I found this place after my surgery, and it has been a lot of help through these years.

I am a little nostalgic today, because for the first time since my surgery, I really feel I wouldn't be here without the surgery I had. For anyone reading this that has this in their future, go into the surgery in as good of physical fitness shape as you can. It made a huge difference for me.

I have to agree with you on the fact that I am quite sure I also would not be here without my valve replacement. Had mine done last month at Mayo.

Happy anniversary! Life is good.

Another year, and my Dad is one day out of a troublesome hip replacement. He got a chuckle out of the fact that it was 6 years ago today that I had my surgery.
I still check in often to see if there is anything I can help with, even if I don't post anything. This is a great thing for people facing the procedure.

Hey

Happy anniversary

Jamey T;n871270 said:
I am a little nostalgic today, because for the first time since my surgery, I really feel I wouldn't be here without the surgery I had. For anyone reading this that has this in their future, go into the surgery in as good of physical fitness shape as you can. It made a huge difference for me.

An excellent sentiment and true too.

Some of us are lucky enough to say that about multiple occasions :)

Best Wishes

Jamey T, congrats on 6 years now. It's great to have that recognition that we wouldn't be here without surgery. Then we can feel grateful for all the blessings we have received. I'm currently waiting on a call from Mayo. Did you self refer or have a doctor referral? I don't know which is faster. Thanks

mom2angel;n880961 said:
Jamey T, congrats on 6 years now. It's great to have that recognition that we wouldn't be here without surgery. Then we can feel grateful for all the blessings we have received. I'm currently waiting on a call from Mayo. Did you self refer or have a doctor referral? I don't know which is faster. Thanks

I was referred by North Central Heart hospital. When I went there for consultation, they did quite a bit of testing, then decided I was a greater risk than they wanted to deal with. I have the utmost respect for them saying that, but it was kind of a shock when I realized that "this was bad". That being said, the care they give is phenomenal. My wife could ask questions of the tech or nurses, and they would give her information, not tell her she would have to talk to the doctor.

It is a busy place.

Latest posts

Back