5 Year Ross Anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilihead

Well, today is my 5 year anniversary form having the wonderful Dr. William Ryan do my Ross procedure in Dallas, Texas. To celebrate I slept late and rode my Harley in to work. I am thankful for all that I have and hope that those in the "waiting room" will have as good an out come as I have had so far.

Like the Pirates say, "Time flies when you're having rum!".

Regards,

Jim

Happy 5th Anniversary! Dr. Ryan did my Ross 9 months ago...and I'm looking forward to many, many anniversaries!

Ride easy...

Well, today is my 5 year anniversary form having the wonderful Dr. William Ryan do my Ross procedure in Dallas, Texas. To celebrate I slept late and rode my Harley in to work. I am thankful for all that I have and hope that those in the "waiting room" will have as good an out come as I have had so far.

Like the Pirates say, "Time flies when you're having rum!".

Regards,

Jim

I can hardly believe it's been that long! wow - time flies, doesn't it? glad to know you are back to a normal life. You sound great.

Happy 5th anniversary to you! Is there something about valve replacement that makes you buy a Harley? Maybe I had better start looking at brochures.:D

Harley

Harley

Dale,

I don't think there is a correlation but I've owned Harleys since 1985. I have found a greater appreciation for riding since VR. I remember post op laying on a stainless steel table with a morphine drip and saying "If I ever get out of here I'm going to ride my Harley as much as possible". Up to that time I just rode occasionally. Being out in the weather on the road really makes you feel alive. I used to ride a bicycle about 300 miles a week. With small kids I don't have as much time for that so I mainly ride my Harley to and from work which is about a 80 mile trek round trip. Texas weather is usually pretty mild.

Regards,

Jim

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Sounds like a great way to celebrate ... except, perhaps, for going to work ;). he he

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...& now an uncle!
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"When you're surrounded by friends, they say the fun never ends" ... Glen Campbell ... 'Country Boy'

Congratulations Chilihead! I've been told that the 5 year mark has some significance for Ross patients. My guess is that if you haven't had any problems with your pulmonary valve for 5 years it's good to go for awhile. All I know is that it's good to see a fellow Rosser doing well 5 years out! I'm 4 months behind you and I'm just trying to follow your trail. :)

Happy valversary and hope you celebrated it too.

NICE HARLEY!!!!!!!:)

zipper2(DEB)

Congratulations, Jim!!!!!!

BTW, my bicycle-riding friend Debra -- whom you also know -- says that Ron rides his new Harley to work, too. I think y'all may work at the same place, or used to....

Congratulations again!

Congrats Jim. I'm a fellow Ross-er who is at the 3.5 yr mark. I hope to follow in your footsteps!

Keep on ridin' and enjoying life. And thanks for this nice bit of positive news for we Ross-ers.

Take care
Melissa

Latest posts

Back