45 years

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Dick. Your posts have been a great help and comfort to me and im sure many others. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

Dick - You contribute so much to this forum that I hate to distill it, but the hope you inspire probably has the biggest impact for so many here. Many young newcomers arrive thinking only about surviving the surgery, yet your story helps leave them planning for grandchildren and beyond. You are a great "If he can do, maybe I can too" inspiration for us all.

Like many here, I wasn't even born 45 years ago. But, you know, instead of 45 years, I think that I'll frame your anniversary on my proverbial bulletin board as +14. In other words, you have lived your life 14 more years (and counting!) with a replacement valve than you did with your native valve. So, I tell you what, I'm going to set that as my own personal goal. +14 See, that would get me to at least 84...I think I could live with that. :thumbup:

Congratulations, thanks, and wishing you all the best for many many more...

Wow -- congrats on hitting 45. Is there anyway to set up a sticky for this, since it can ease the fears of newly diagnosed individuals when they hear about this type of longevity.

Thanks for your post. I've never really thought about having lived longer with the mechanical valve than with my native valve. I understand your concept of "personal goal". When I had the surgery I was told it would last 50 years so I set my personal goal to be age 81. Since I am going on 77, there is a good chance I'll make it.

I still remember how uncertain and frightening it was before, and for many years after, the surgery......and how difficult, if not impossible, getting supportive and understandable information was. Although I don't dwell on it, the valve crosses my mind almost daily and I like the reassurance and information found on this forum. While I rely on my docs for medical advice, I read the experiences here when it comes to living with a corrective valve.

PS: I wasn't sure I would be around to see a grandchild.....much less GREATGRANDCHILDREN...........goes to show how much I really know LOL.

Happy Anniversary hope you have at least 45 more. Thanks for being there for us you certainly are most of our mentors and Rocks, I for one am grateful to you so enjoy your anniversary. God Bless

Wow!
Congratulations on 45 years!

Wishing you many more... and thanks for all your great advice!

-MikeK

Dick, big congrats. To many many many many many more!!!!! May you stay healthy and active and healthy again!!!!

Thanks for all your posts on here, you are an inspiration.

Dick,
Congratulations!!! WOW, I'm really impressed. You're truly an inspiration and I remember how much your posts helped me before, during and after my surgery. You have set the bar for all of us!

WOW.... That's really something Dick! A big congratulations to you. My mathematical mind just told me that I'd be 95 years old to catch you at your 40 years. Hey, I'll raise my glass to that....and to you!

Latest posts

Back