45 years

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be the poster child for valve replacement. :thumbup:You are a reassuring presence to the rest of us, even those of us not sporting a mechanical valve.
Long may your ticker, tick!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Amazing Dick, Is your surgeon still alive?

Not sure about Dr. Danielson but Dr. Wood is (as far as I know). Dr. Wood was a resident surgeon at UofK hospital and was my primary surgeon under Dr. Danelson's guidance. Dr Wood went on to become Chief of Staff at Baylor Univ. hospital in Texas. I spoke to him via telephone about three years ago and we had a nice thirty minute chat. I asked him if he still did valve surgery and he said "no"....he had graduated to the difficult surgeries, ie heart replacement and heart/lung replacement. He left the simpler valve surgeries to the "newer docs". Incidently, he was not surprised that I was still around as much as he was surprised that I still had the original valve. We both agreed that it was like the old Timex Watch commercial....."It has taken a lickin', and keeps on tickin".

Dick,
As the others have said, you have been an incredible inspiration to so many of us for a long time. Thanks for all that you do, and may you have many more anniversaries of the day to celebrate with us.

Sending a BIG hug and saying congratulations to you, my friend! Wow....45 years and counting! Live, enjoy, give thanks for every single day!

Here's to many more years! Salud! :)

Dick,

Congrats! You have been a huge inspiration to all who view this forum. BTW, I am also from Louisville, so it's nice to see a native doing so well!

Jason

Latest posts

Back