4 years

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerrychuck

Time flies. It has been 4 years since my life and my family's lives were turned upside down by the completely unexpected, barely diagnosed in time, prolapse of my mitral valve. The whole experience is more and more just a memory and a story, with the passage of time dulling the intensity of recalling those days. My heart function has been mildly compromised ever since, but my yearly echos show very gradual improvement rather than regression, so that is encouraging. The first two years we celebrated my "rebirthday" on the anniversary of the surgery. Last year we thought about it but didn't, and I forgot to post here. This year I thought about the anniversary the day before but it never crossed my mind on the actual day (the 20th). I still stop in the middle of doing things I love (time with my incredible wife, kids and granddaughter, flying, motorcycling, sitting on our deck at the lake at sunset) to remind myself of how awesome life is and how lucky I am to be here. I hope I always do.

Latest posts

Back