4 months post-op comments and questions

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Mason420, why not register now? You got the questions, we got the answers.

1. Be consistent in the amount of Vit K intake, then adjust the dose of Coumadin to fit that diet intake, do not diet the dose of Coumadin. If you start a vitamin, stay with it and that particular brand only, so you don't cause a teeter totter effect to be set up. Take your vitamins, eat your greens and get diet stable, then get the Coumadin stable.

2. There is nothing coming as a replacement for Coumadin any time in the next 10 years. Al Lodwick, our resident member and anticoag expert has been following this and reporting FDA findings. So don't even consider it at this point.

3.Yes those drugs can do it to you. I'm not sure which in particular, but your not alone!

By all means, please register so that everyone can address your questions.

Welcome to VR.

Hello Mason420,

I assume you are a Wisconsite, perhaps even a Madisonian? My wife and I both work in Madison. We live in Portage.

Sounds like your recovery is going very well. I'm sure you will be back to swimming and doing everything else you love to do in no time at all.

Randy

Back