4 Days post op Bloody Hell / mire updates to come when l am up to it !!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrietW

Attitude of Gratitude
July 9, 2019 Open Heart double valve replacement aortic & mitral bovine tricuspid my own tissue tissue. Approx 160 transfusion 11 since Tuesdays. Stag 3 blockage A/F possible pacemaker if it doesn't even out by July 16 are in place.
Very sm lung capacity. Possibly reintabation.

Rheumatic heart disease diagnosed April 2012 Mitral regurgitation, Aortic Stenosis with a chronic upper respiratory infection recently diagnosed with interstitial lung disease waiting biopsy results. Awaiting workup for OHS see Cardiologist End Jan 2015 .. And close to go time !
More medically tech info.
Aortic R
Sever LA Enlargement /Sever Stenosis /Left Atrium Severely Diolated
Sever MR /sever regurgitation Leaflet retracted
Pericardial Effusion -
Sever AR Sever thickening
Tricuspid R
LA/mod - sev hypertrophied
LA Sev Dilated

July 9, 2019 Open Heart double valve replacement aortic & mitral bovine tricuspid my own tissue tissue. Approx 160 transfusion 11 since Tuesdays. Stag 3 blockage A/F possible pacemaker if it doesn't even out by July 16 are in place.
Very sm lung capacity. Possibly reintabation.
Oh my, Harriet. So much to contend with. But so very glad to see you typing here again. Hoping for healthier and much better days ahead.
Warmest and good thoughts to you.

Hello friends with the most amazing Hearts ever ❤
I am alive and well and appolagize for such a huge gap in update. But l gotta tell you l wasn't feeling much like talking to anyone.
Truly the most horrific experience of my life without question. Way worse than my first surgery if l'm honest !
Not even sure what to update ...
I am 7 weeks post Op on Tues coming
It is only this last week or 10 days l have actually felt like l wanted to live. Yup truth !!
Still pretty stiff and sore ... Not sure what to think of my new heart beat. Can't believe l'm saying this but l kinda miss the ticking of my mechanical. 🕔🕣🕚
My heart has been kind of all over the place sometimes weak & slow, sometimes loud and way to fast for my liking.
Lots of meds follow up with surgeon Sept 12th . Saw my family doc a couple weeks ago things seemed to be ok.
I was getting headaches daily there for awhile but they seem to have subsided.
I have concerns about my kidneys with all the lasix .. And my creatinine & GFR which are both out of wack. I will get blood work sometime this week.
I cannot say l am happy that l went through with the surgery quite yet as l am still having GI bleeds so only time is going to tell.
I continue to be quite short of breath on exertion .. Don't have to do much or go far.
My lung have taken such a beating and l still have some fluid build up around my lungs.
My heart aches for my mom every day as l went into hospital immediately after her passing. Why do we make our loved ones suffer so much at end of life. There has got to be a better way. 😭
I have second thoughts about medical intervention after this second surgery.
I have had all the intervention l care to in this life. My thoughts of possibly needing a pace maker are very reserved at this stag. I will cross that bridge when it comes.

That is about all l have for you right now. I have taken my first client after 3.5 mths of not working just a couple days ago & have a few booking this week coming ..
That feels great to be back in my studio.

A joy to see you writing here again, Harriet! Big claps and thumbs up things are settling for the better after all your recent difficulties.

A cliche to say one day at a time, but with any such recent heart surgery it seems to be the tune best hummed.

I send condolences re the loss of your mother before your recent surgery. That’s a lot to contend with.

It’s fantastic you have a client booked already and more bookings on the cards. I wish you all the best with those.

Good health and warmest for the days ahead. 👌🏼.

harrietW - what is it that you do? And I know that it feels good to get back to work after OHS.

As regards the end of life statement - I personally think we can do a lot better, with a lot more compassion, than is done now. But THAT opinion may sound too political, so I'll keep it to myself.

Anyway, whatever you do, I'm glad to hear that you're back, sorry that post-op was so awful, and hope that you recovery quickly and completely.

Seaton
Thank you again on the condolences. Seems I never really had a chance to catch my breath or grieve my mom after her passing ... in time. I miss her.

One day at a time has been my theme for the last 20 yrs however l don't always love in the moment. I get ahead of myself always expecting something else to show up outta know where.
Good reminder my friend .. Thx you !

Protimenow
Thank you ! Yes l am glad to be back starting out slowly. I have a small lash and brow studio. I am a permanent makeup artist as well as a lash artist with my own product line.
Yes l don't want to get political either. And agree with you.
I have a significant amount of scar tissue build up now being my second OHS and causing alot of pulling and tightness throughout my chest. Having said that things could be way worse.

Thanks again !

Latest posts

Back