4 days out!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfons01

I posted here the other day saying I was going in at 530 on the 31st... surgery went great ended up with a 25mm On X Aortic Valve and repaired anuresym. My surgeon Mario Pompili at Santa Clara Kaiser did an amazing job. Feeling better everyday, would say the worst parts were 3 hours of post op breathing tube. Then also the removal of wiring and drainage tubes 3 days out. So far feeling great waiting for my cumadin levels to reach goal and I'll be headed home! I want to thank everyone who participates on these forums I wouldn't have been able to do it with your stories!

thanks!! So glad to be back on this side!

Welcome to the other side. Recovering gets only better with time. Sounds like you had a great surgery team. Be kind to yourself for a few weeks.

Hi

glad you are doing well.

Take it easy and rest and recover. Take small steps forward so as to not take slips backwards

Best Wishes

Well. . . we all feel great when sitting in our chairs and waiting for some doc to come and let us go home. Take it easy for a while, though, as most of us found ourselves to be weaker at first than we thought. As pellicle suggests, take small forward steps to help avoid taking major backward ones. Just do a small bit more each day and you will soon regain your strength.

Also, the sage advice I received after my surgery still holds. "Don't sweat the small stuff. . . and by the way, it is all small stuff." In other words, unless it seems like a major issue, don't worry about it. Just get on with healing and with life. You'll do fine.

Hi All,

Nice to see such a positive energy here.

I have my AVR done in 2010 and now i am diagnosed with Ascending Aorta aneurysm. So this is going to be mine second open heart surgery. So i feel myself as one of the most unluckiest lot on earth. I have my kaiser insurance and currently Dr Mario Pompili from Kaiser Santa Clara and Vicken Melikian from Kaiser SFO are assigned as surgeons to me.

I was also checking with Stanford and met Dr. Craig Miller who had much name for aortic surgeries but found him too much old , he seems to be 72 years plus with shaky hands little bit

I am so much confused now whom to chose. Is Kaiser (Dr. Pompili and Dr . Melikian) good enough for me to do second surgery or should i consider Stanford brand name for this complex surgery.

Feedback from all members are welcomed please. I have some 5 days to make a decision.

Latest posts

Back